• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone Read These?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightontyne19

Are these books any good?
Don't want to shell out unless they're decent. Anyone got recommendations for books on how Drivers do the job? Or Guards?

"Steam Locomotive Driver's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide to Preparing, Firing and Driving (Haynes Manual)"

"The Engine Driver's Manual: How to Prepare, Fire and Drive a Steam Locomotive"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Condor7

I have not read either so cannot comment, however both are available on Amazon and have in the main very positive reviews from customers. The Steam Locomotive manual gets 4 out of 5 stars from 10 reviews and the Engine Drivers manual gets 4.5 stars out of 5 from 15 reviews. I hope that helps.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Not sure about those particular titles, but I have seen some railway-based Haynes Manuals on sale in book remainder shops, so it might be worth a visit if you have a local branch of "The Works" shops, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.