• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anything Going On At Chart Leacon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Hi All,

A couple of days ago when travelling back to my home town, I couldn't help but notice that Chart Leacon seemed a lot emptier than usual and very closed up. Is it being wound down for some reason ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hi All,

A couple of days ago when travelling back to my home town, I couldn't help but notice that Chart Leacon seemed a lot emptier than usual and very closed up. Is it being wound down for some reason ?

Almost completely closed I believe, at least as far as the Bombardier works is concerned. This will be why you see stock such as SWT 455s going to Ilford nowadays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11211056
...has some details, they reckon 375s are still dealt with there, but I don't know if that is still up to date.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Almost completely closed I believe, at least as far as the Bombardier works is concerned. This will be why you see stock such as SWT 455s going to Ilford nowadays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11211056
...has some details, they reckon 375s are still dealt with there, but I don't know if that is still up to date.

Thanks for the info SWT Passenger.

There were a couple of units there but it didn't look like a lot was going on.

Will be a very sad moment for Ashford. The end of an era :(

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I just hope there's enough activity to keep it going. Ashford being a railway town afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.