• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anything Special At...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm going to Warrington Bank Quay, then Sheffield (via Manchester Piccadilly) on the Tuesday 30th May. Is there anything special happening at any of the three stations on that day, because I can try and get some pics of it if there are...?

(BTW: I know about the Class 57 Arriva Trains Wales from Piccadilly to Holyhead, I'm getting that to Warrington on the day!) :D

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
There's only one Warrington Bank Quay. The one you refer to as 'Low Level' is infact Warrington Central.

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
There's only one Warrington Bank Quay. The one you refer to as 'Low Level' is infact Warrington Central.

Bank Quay has high level (WCML) and low level (freight only, Latchford Sdgs-Fiddlers Ferry and Ditton)
Warrington Central is on the ex CLC Liverpool-Manchester line and crosses above the WCML north of Bank Quay.

Don't know about anything in particular but Bank Quay is fairly busy for freight normally.

RJ

Established Member
Warrington High Level. I think it runs daily, and when there are no flasks, 0K73 runs to collect any which are at Crewe. There is a video on that site somewhere of a 20+20+37+37 light engine making a spectacular noise! That vid I linked to seems to have disappeared but it was 6K73 37+20+37+20+8 flasks. I think it's booked to pass at 18:15, it's most likely to be a 37+20 but you never know!

The Snap

Established Member
joea1 said:
Warrington High Level. I think it runs daily, and when there are no flasks, 0K73 runs to collect any which are at Crewe. There is a video on that site somewhere of a 20+20+37+37 light engine making a spectacular noise! That vid I linked to seems to have disappeared but it was 6K73 37+20+37+20+8 flasks. I think it's booked to pass at 18:15, it's most likely to be a 37+20 but you never know!

Oh right, that's a shame, I'll be in Edale by then - I'm going over there after Warrington. Don't suppose there are any specials or any freight at Edale in the afternoon?

Cheers anyway joea1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.