• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anytime return, can anyone confirm I am right in my understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivorytoast28

Sorry, I'm sure this is common. But having read the advice on this website I would be perfectly valid to do the following:
-Buy Reading - Penzance off peak return
- Travel Reading to Penzance, stay a while
- Travel penzance to say St Austell stay 3 days
- Travel St Austell to Exeter , stay 3 days
- Travel Exeter to Reading

And this would all be fully valid under one ticket (as long as I travel after 10am)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I believe (from memory) that the outward journey has to be completed on the same day, however the return can be within one month. Others will confirm/correct.

alistairlees

Established Member
Sorry, I'm sure this is common. But having read the advice on this website I would be perfectly valid to do the following:
-Buy Reading - Penzance off peak return
- Travel Reading to Penzance, stay a while
- Travel penzance to say St Austell stay 3 days
- Travel St Austell to Exeter , stay 3 days
- Travel Exeter to Reading

And this would all be fully valid under one ticket (as long as I travel after 10am)
This is fine, so long as you get back to Reading within a month of course.

There is both an off-peak and a super off-peak return for this journey. Both have morning and evening restrictions on the outward portion, and both have morning restrictions on the return journey, though not anywhere near as bad as not being able to travel before 10.00 from the stations you mention. The restrictions only apply Mondays to Fridays.

You can see the detail at https://www.brfares.com/!expert?orig=RDG&dest=PNZ

ivorytoast28

This is fine, so long as you get back to Reading within a month of course.

There is both an off-peak and a super off-peak return for this journey. Both have morning and evening restrictions on the outward portion, and both have morning restrictions on the return journey, though not anywhere near as bad as not being able to travel before 10.00 from the stations you mention. The restrictions only apply Mondays to Fridays.

You can see the detail at https://www.brfares.com/!expert?orig=RDG&dest=PNZ
Thank you

Jan Mayen

An Anytime Return (as per the thread title) allows break of journey and isn't time restricted, but it is more expensive than an off peak return.

Status
Not open for further replies.