• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apple mac's and such like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Hia chaps,
In the slow decay of my pc I'm considering all the options for replacement when the day finally comes to replace this otherwise beauty of a machine, my dear AMD Duron.

Today, whilst at dixons, I actually went there looking for a laptop but found the laptop range boring blah blah then I stumbled across the mac mini, and after a play around for 5mins or so I am quite up for getting one, so I'd like to query everyone who has had experience with mac's - I know Joeholmes has just bought one and so I'm intrigued into their useability, user-friendlyness and whether or not anyone knows if they can enter a network with a computer running windows for Internet sharing easily - and also the later upgrade to wireless networking.

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

Macs arn't all they're cracked up to be. Half the PC game syou use won't work on Mac.

Tom B

Established Member
Why were you in Dixons for a PC?!. IF you have a wireless network the Mac should be fine.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
lol I was in dixons just browsing price wise....! I'm not a big pc gamer anyway, bve I can always use on my pc downstairs!

Tom B

Established Member
Heh. Well I'm currently on a Windoze laptop which is connected to a network with 2 Macs on.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well I'm quite interested now, It will take some getting used to that mac mouse I must say! I'm going to wait a month or so before I get one though, want to make the most of my pc!

Tom B

Established Member
On the topic of macs, does anyone know if IrfanView has been ported over to Mac, or is there a similar program?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.