• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apple Recall iPod Nano's over Fire risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hello All,

http://uknews.yahoo.com/ said:
Those eligible for a replacement iPod Nano wouldn’t be able to get their hands latest model, which comes complete with a touchscreen, an FM radio and a pedometer – a huge upgrade from the oldest model which was launched six years ago.

Apple customer services confirmed affected customers would get a replacement of their current model rather than the newest version.

According to Apple, the replacement iPod Nano will take approximately six weeks to arrive.

Apple released a statement confirming the emergency recall. It said: “Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod Nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod Nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.

“This issue has been traced to a single battery supplier that produced batteries with a manufacturing defect. While the possibility of an incident is rare, the likelihood increases as the battery ages.”

Apple has instructed customers to go to the iPod Nano (1st generation) Replacement Programme support page, to confirm if their model is eligible for the recall.

The company is offering a free replacement to owners of affected devices, to see if your device is eligible see here (http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/)

TP

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Does this mean Apple are making some new old Nano's? Or do they have old ones lying around?

Crossover

Established Member
Does this mean Apple are making some new old Nano's? Or do they have old ones lying around?

I suspect that what they will do is work it on a rolling basis and get some back from customers, recondition them and then send them out to other customers...and the cycle continues.

deltic1989

Established Member
So the fact that an ipod may explode in someones pocket didnt come out in the testing phase? says a lot for thier QC. glad i dont own any apple products i would hate to spontaniously combust in the high street.

SS4

Established Member
I'd be more concerned about the OP's superfluous apostrophe in the topic title ;)

I suspect that most will be recycled with some being refurbed and sold off via ebay and the like for the inflated price customary amongst apple products

route:oxford

Established Member
Apple kit that is almost 7 years old...

Most will be at the bottom of a drawer somewhere long since replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.