• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Application progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveyboy2407

Am I right in thinking vacancy applications will start to be processed once again from tomorrow? I've heard conflicting reports and wondered if anyone actually knew. Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
Surely it will depend on the individual company and how urgent the vacancy is? Some recruitment will continue as normal, some will continue to be frozen.

Stigy

Established Member
It’ll depend on the company definitely. Some are still progressing applications and have been continuously throughout lockdown, others have stopped all but essential roles they need to recruit for.

I would imagine it will start to move a bit further forward now in general though as we start to return to (a new) normal :D.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Its a bit like the question 'how long is a piece of string?'. I do know one or two people that have had Skype interviews since March with Network Rail. Like another forum member has stated, it is down to a couple of factors such as the company and the role you have applied for. I do believe some people are returning to their workplaces tomorrow (1st June), but others may not venture back until later in June. Again another factor to take into consideration are recruitment assessment days - can group exercises take place with multiple candidates while social distancing is still in place?

Woody27

I have a few Applications with network rail, seem to have been paused for a while, hopefully they will start to process them starting next week!

richfoz84

My application took 4 months to hear back, without all this going on. Might have to sit tight a bit longer mate. Best of luck with the application tho!

amanda08

I applied for a position with network rail end March. Interview was a few weeks ago and was offered the role this week. So recruitment is still happening (but depending on need I guess)

Woody27

I applied for a position with network rail end March. Interview was a few weeks ago and was offered the role this week. So recruitment is still happening (but depending on need I guess)
yea, I have been following your story over the last few weeks!
Congratulations to you, and best of luck in your new career as a signaller

Status
Not open for further replies.