• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Application status scotrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inge

Applied for a job as a trolley dolly about 2 months ago. I have done the online testing, went to the interview mid march and aced it, had my medical in Glasgow about 2 weeks ago and passed it and also submitted and passed a disclosure Scotland.

Now in my 'career centre' online the status of my application has changed from 'invited to medical' to 'requested references/background check'.
This has confused me a little bit as I was under the impression that they chased up references after they offered you a position? Is this the case or have I misunderstood the process?

Also, if there is anybody else who is a hospitality assistant, perhaps they can give me an idea about the good and bad sides of the job? What is the monthly pay after tax?

Jay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Companies normally do the references after the medical, as it is probably easier to fail a medical rather than not get a reference.

jimicrowbar

hi inge where did you apply for. Iv just got a place in Inverness and im away to Glasgow on the 14th May for a week. May see you there on the same intake. P.S not noticed my status change but surley your ref wont be bad

Inge

I Applied for a position in Aberdeen. Haven't heard anything back since they received my disclosure so I don't know what's happening. Kind of frustrating, but that's life I guess! So they contacted your references before they offered you a position?

jimicrowbar

I dont think they have contacted my REF yet. I called them on Friday to find out what was doing then they called me back within an hour. I am lead to believe they send a few people on their inductions at once so maybe yet you will be down in May. I just got disclosure back on last Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.