• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Applications closed] LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)
LOROL Careers page said:
ABOUT US:

There has never been a more exciting time to join London Overground Rail Operations Limited (LOROL). We have a vision for an even better London Overground network, and we’re working hard together to achieve it. We’re passionate about developing, expanding and enhancing the network, connecting communities across the capital. It’s a rewarding journey.

ABOUT THE ROLE:

We are seeking applications from highly motivated individuals who will commit to a future opportunity as a Train Driver based at our New Cross Gate Depot.

Train drivers are required to drive large volumes of passengers safely and efficiently. LOROL has seen customer numbers increase from 80,000 to nearly 500,000 a day with annual passenger journeys at 145 million. This level of demand carries with it a high level of responsibility in terms of passenger safety.

Following an intensive training programme, you will become technically and occupationally competent to drive trains in a safe and punctual manner, dependent on successfully passing the required criteria.

Also key to the role is the ability to work as a team player, communicating with the Control function and delivering excellent customer service skills at all times.

ABOUT YOU:

To succeed, applicants will require excellent concentration skills, good attention to detail and the ability to work alone for long periods of time, whilst maintaining focus and awareness.

A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude, coupled with great communication skills are also essential.

Candidates will be required to pass the medical standards for the role including a drugs and alcohol test and will need to live within forty five minutes travelling time from New Cross Gate where the depot is based. Flexibility is required as the role will involve early starts, late finishes, weekend and bank holiday working.

SALARY AND BENEFITS:

A trainee driver salary of £25,747, rising to £42,196 after completion of training and circa £54,071 once first year of driving has been completed.

You’ll also be able to make the most of great benefits including a final salary pension scheme and travel discounts plus the satisfaction of making a significant and lasting difference for the network.

LOROL is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications especially from women and black, Asian and minority ethnic groups who are currently under represented.

Closing Date 23.03.2015

http://www.lorol.co.uk/go/careers/vacancies for more information or [email protected] if you have any problems.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MickyB89

I'm already in the running for Crossrail and GTR, if I fail any of them I will be unable to go for this anyway right?

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Thanks, hopefully there really are 18 positions, not like the 1 position that was advertised last time, must have had thousands of applicants just for it! :lol:

dmd

Hi, does anyone know if there is a maximum distance you have to be from the depot? will they accept an application if I relocate?
cheers

Scottpod1981

I applied for the initial trainee train driver role which closed on 16/12/14 still not heard as they are still sifting through the 900 applications.
any harm in putting another application in for one of the 18 x jobs being advertised????

Tooktook

Hi Scott,

I also applied in December but have not heard either way. I logged into my account to see if I could re submit a new application but it would only let me edit the original. I guess this is fair.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the original application in December as I heard through the grapevine people have gone all the way through the process and been appointed.

387star

On Moderation
Hi Scott,

I also applied in December but have not heard either way. I logged into my account to see if I could re submit a new application but it would only let me edit the original. I guess this is fair.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the original application in December as I heard through the grapevine people have gone all the way through the process and been appointed.

Both times I tried applying for Chingford and New cross I received an unsuccessful email

It does say it may go into your junk so check there however junk gets deleted regularly

Unclear if you have to wait before applying if unsuccessful at the sift for a previous vacancy

However I will not be applying for this good luck to those who do

Last edited:

Scottpod1981

I rang HR last Thursday and informed me that they are overwhelmed with applications for the post that closed on the 16/12/14 and that they are still trying to sort through them and at some stage an email stating successful/unsuccessful will emerge!!! little bit of hope i suppose.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Scott,

i have managed to submit my details for yesterdays vacancies, just sign in and apply using your current details.

30 common

Applied in the previous in take before Christmas. Had my final interview is morning at LOROL HQ. Got the call just over a hour ago. I passed! Start at NXG 11th May subject to a medical.

bilzy

Hi Guys,
I've applied waiting on a response. Does anybody know how long to expect to wait for a reply? and the procedure for LOROL? Good luck to everybody applying in advance.

Scottpod1981

Hi Bilzy,
I have also applied for LOROL trainee train driver position, i have not heard anything as of yet either. Applied on 09/03. Good Luck.

30 common

From my experience LOROL are very efficient with regards to recruitment. Applied early Dec all assessed and done by 10/3 medical 26/3 start 11/5

Last edited:

Scottpod1981

From my experience LOROL are very efficient with regards to recruitment. Applied early Dec all assessed and done by 10/3 medical 26/3 start 11/5

How long after submitting application did you hear from them?
Was it by email/phone and what was the next stage

Scottpod1981

How long after submitting application did you hear from them?
Was it by email/phone and what was the next stage

Congratulations by the way....
Email about a week

Thank you, fingers firmly x.

Are you excited?

what was the stage after getting that email?
Email about a week

Thank you, fingers firmly x.

Are you excited?

what was the stage after getting that email?

30 common

Email invite to stage 1 assessment which consisted of:
Driver fault finding test (DFFT). Trainibility of rule & procedures (TRP1). Group Bourdon (dots). Test of everyday attention (TEA-OCC).

Stage 2 was a separate day a few weeks later and involved doing:
Vienna test (WAFV ATAVT). Multi-Modal interview (MMI). Trainibilty of rule and providers part 2 (TRP2). Visual search exercise (VSE) which is an extra test that lorol opt to assess on.

Stage 3 was a line manager interview then a medical

Last edited:

bilzy

Hi Scottpod1981,

I applied on the 10/03 a day after you. No reply yet. fingers crossed. Good Luck.

Scottpod1981

Hi Scottpod1981,

I applied on the 10/03 a day after you. No reply yet. fingers crossed. Good Luck.

Good Luck Bilzy fingers crossed for you.
Email invite to stage 1 assessment which consisted of:
Driver fault finding test (DFFT). Trainibility of rule & procedures (TRP1). Group Bourdon (dots). Test of everyday attention (TEA-OCC).

Stage 2 was a separate day a few weeks later and involved doing:
Vienna test (WAFV ATAVT). Multi-Modal interview (MMI). Trainibilty of rule and providers part 2 (TRP2). Visual search exercise (VSE) which is an extra test that lorol opt to assess on.

Stage 3 was a line manager interview then a medical

Hi 30Common

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

30 common

There is a second smaller SJT you sit before the MMI that links into the follow questions you will be asked by the assessor. SJTs are basically a personality test to see what kind of person you are i.e. Team member, safety conscious, not breaking rules etc.

l0c0m0t1ve

Hi, does anyone know if there is a maximum distance you have to be from the depot? will they accept an application if I relocate?
cheers

It says you have to be able to get to the depot within 45 minutes.

InMotion

I applied on 12/3/15 and haven't heard anything yet either.

I'm sure they'll be in touch once your application has been reviewed... I was on hold for 12 month with another TOC who had received 3,500 applications!

But if anyone hears back from the current recruitment drive (09/03/15), please do let us know.....!

sharkylou

I have also applied for the trainee train driver role at new cross gate, has anyone heard anything yet?

Sharkylou

joeb85

Recieved email today asking to come for assesment, guessing everyone should receive emails over next couple days

sharkylou

Yeah well done Joe, when do you have your assessment? I'm hoping I hear soon... Eek!

Status
Not open for further replies.