• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Applications closed] LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
I'm not too sure regarding the SJT, all I know is that it was really long. VSE?? Is that the search of the telephone directory for double shapes?

Visual search exercise?

There is an SJE which feeds into the MMI part of the second stage of the process which is mandatory

Phone book os tea-occ

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seaza

There is some information regarding the VSE in the LOROL supplement pack, but it says its not the same as on the day.

joeb85

There is some information regarding the VSE in the LOROL supplement pack, but it says its not the same as on the day.

Hey Seaza

Sorry to bother you mate, in the practice paperwork there is no fault finding tests where did you find the practice papers for assesment??

Seaza

There were three documents in the email. I think it is in the third document dated 2009. Print it out rather than doing it on the computer screen.

joeb85

There were three documents in the email. I think it is in the third document dated 2009. Print it out rather than doing it on the computer screen.

Lol I just found them better revise these now

Do you know when your date is for you second assesment

Seaza

Lol I just found them better revise these now

Do you know when your date is for you second assesment

Yeah the second assessment is on the 6th of May in Watford, I'm bit confused on what tasks they are going to ask us to sit there......

30 common

In no particular order:

MMI multi-modal interview
VSE visual search exercise
ATAVT /WAFV Vienna test system
TRP2 trainability of rules part 2
And another SJT as a prerequisite for the MMI

Last edited:

joeb85

Yeah the second assessment is on the 6th of May in Watford, I'm bit confused on what tasks they are going to ask us to sit there......

Didn't they email across any practice papers for the second assesment ??

Seaza

In no particular order:

MMI multi-modal interview
VSE visual search exercise
ATAVT /WAFV Vienna test system
TRP2 trainability of rules part 2
And another SJT as a prerequisite for the MMI

Thank you for that! I haven't done a TRP part 1 yet, so i guess that we will sit 1 and 2 on the day. What was the VSE like? Ive practiced the tests in the supplement pack but it does say these won't be like the actual tests...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Didn't they email across any practice papers for the second assesment ??

nope all the test materials were in the 1st email.

30 common

VSE is split into 3 subtests the first two are pretty easy but the third is a combination of 1&2 and you need eyes like a chameleon to focus on two things.

theking

Go into the mtr crossrail thread and there is a post by someone describing the whole vse. It's the same one because it's got lorol logo and legal lettering in the top left hand corner when you do it for crossrail.

Seaza

Go into the mtr crossrail thread and there is a post by someone describing the whole vse. It's the same one because it's got lorol logo and legal lettering in the top left hand corner when you do it for crossrail.

Cheers for that. Just found the post!

:D

Seaza

It's the last post on page 7 of the crossrail mtr thread. Leg is still attached, that's the only good thing. Cast comes off in 2 weeks (not soon enough)
Have we got anyone else going to stage 2 yet???? There must be lurkers out there not posting?

Seaza

Not really started much yet. Im going to start practicing tomorrow. Im just considering getting a cheap hotel room the night before, don't want to be commuting to Watford in rush hour in this cast.......

joeb85

Not really started much yet. Im going to start practicing tomorrow. Im just considering getting a cheap hotel room the night before, don't want to be commuting to Watford in rush hour in this cast.......

Is that where the stage two of the assesments is, is it at another hotel ???

Just finished assesment that was a long day but we'll worth it. Fingers crossed now lol

Seaza

Nah it's being held at the OPC in Watford. Did everything go well today? How many people were there?

joeb85

Wow they actually taking you to there head office I guessing there will be some kind of computer tests involved then.

Yea I think everything went well I'm happy with what I done but obviously it's in their hands.
I think about 17 in total in my group and a group after us but not sure how many were in that sitting

Seaza

Well fingers crossed for you. They were really quick with the second email so I'm hoping you hear back in a couple days when opc have marked it.

Yep. Few computer tests on the day. Im main worry is the trp test.

Last edited:

joeb85

Well fingers crossed for you. They were really quick with the secon email so I'm hoping you hear back in a couple days when opc have market it.

What's trp ???

Do you know roughly what's involved on the second assesment ??
Well fingers crossed for you. They were really quick with the secon email so I'm hoping you hear back in a couple days when opc have market it.

Hey Seaza

This mtr thread that you was talking about previously I have searched for it and have come up with nothing is there any possibility of sharing a link.
I found one thread but couldnt see a link on page 7.

thanks mate

Hows your practicing coming on??? When is the test

Ellipsis

For those of you that applied in early March and still haven't heard anything, I emailed them regarding this and they said it will take another 3-4 weeks.

Val3ntine

Hey guys, has anyone had a rejection email yet? Because i still havent heard from Lorol and i know quite a few people have progressed to assessment centre I'm just wondering if all of us that have been left waiting are being kept as backup as many are most likely to fail assements, or have we been kept waiting because we are the unsuccesful lot?

l0c0m0t1ve

Hey guys, has anyone had a rejection email yet? Because i still havent heard from Lorol and i know quite a few people have progressed to assessment centre I'm just wondering if all of us that have been left waiting are being kept as backup as many are most likely to fail assements, or have we been kept waiting because we are the unsuccesful lot?

My friend applied and he received the 'unsuccessful' email last week - so I think if you were unsuccessful you would have heard from them by now.

So your theory about being kept as back up may be true or they are just doing it in batches or something.

Tibbins

I'm the same haven't heard anything yet still but see everyone is on there way to there second tests it don't look to hopeful. Can be any number of reasons why we are not hearing anything yet. You may have aced the online test but if your living far away you may be put on a backup list. Just think 1000s of people have gone for this pretty sure that means London Overground can be picky on who they go for!

Last edited:

Val3ntine

Yeah could be they're doing it in stages and our stage just hasnt been reached yet, however i did apply pretty early, no more than 2/3 days after the posting date.
If it is the case of being kept as a backup then I would understand as distance could definetly be a factor for me, i like over an hour out from New cross.
But anyway goodluck guys for everyone still waiting, I hope its good news we hear (whenever that may be lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.