• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Applications closed] LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0c0m0t1ve

I'm the same haven't heard anything yet still but see everyone is on there way to there second tests it don't look to hopeful. Can be any number of reasons why we are not hearing anything yet. You may have aced the online test but if your living far away you may be put on a backup list. Just think 1000s of people have gone for this pretty sure that means London Overground can be picky on who they go for!

That's true - I think they would have said no already if it was a no.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seaza

Wow they actually taking you to there head office I guessing there will be some kind of computer tests involved then.

Yea I think everything went well I'm happy with what I done but obviously it's in their hands.
I think about 17 in total in my group and a group after us but not sure how many were in that sitting

Any news yet?

joeb85

Any news yet?

no news yet mate, they told us in the assesment expect atleast 7 - 14 days before we hear anything, especially as its bank holiday weekend.
so im hoping next week i hear something.

you started your revision yet, i noticed we got a few practice tests in the email which could relate to stage two.

Seaza

Yeah they said 7 to 14 days to us too, but i did forget that it was a Bank Hol Weekend.

Ive been going through the pack again this week, and searching the internet and this forum for old posts about the assessment.

What did you find the hardest task in the 1st assessment?

joeb85

Yeah they said 7 to 14 days to us too, but i did forget that it was a Bank Hol Weekend.

Ive been going through the pack again this week, and searching the internet and this forum for old posts about the assessment.

What did you find the hardest task in the 1st assessment?

I be honest I didn't like the multiple choice bit at the end, where they place you in a situation and you need to put the 4 statements into order as you would answer.
All of the others I thought were alright

How about yourself ???

Seaza

I be honest I didn't like the multiple choice bit at the end, where they place you in a situation and you need to put the 4 statements into order as you would answer.
All of the others I thought were alright

How about yourself ???

The SJE felt like it lasted for ever, although I did notice a couple people in there didn't finish it.

I feel prepared for stage 2 on Wednesday in Watford (well as prepared as you can be). I find it strange that there is no one else, who's registered on this forum saying that they are going to stage 2. (Either that or their not posting).

You might get the email tomorrow Joe...........

Last edited:

joeb85

The SJE felt like it lasted for ever, although I did notice a couple people in there didn't finish it.

I feel prepared for stage 2 on Wednesday in Watford (well as prepared as you can be). I find it strange that there is no one else, who's registered on this forum saying that they are going to stage 2. (Either that or their not posting).

You might get the email tomorrow Joe...........

I honestly don't think alot of guys from our assesments are on this site as I was talking to them at my assesment and they knew nothing of this site.

Your second stage is Wednesday what next week ??

Seaza

Really tough day, thought I was going to get thrown out at the beginning but I survived to complete the MMI. It's a waiting game now.

Any news for you yet?

joeb85

Really tough day, thought I was going to get thrown out at the beginning but I survived to complete the MMI. It's a waiting game now.

Any news for you yet?

Still nothing yet mate.

So what do they do mark your tests as you go???

Seaza

So what do they do mark your tests as you go???

Yep, they told the 4 of us who where there that if we didn't pass the tests as the assessment ran then we would be given feedback and asked to leave...... (That put the pressure on!)

joeb85

Yep, they told the 4 of us who where there that if we didn't pass the tests as the assessment ran then we would be given feedback and asked to leave...... (That put the pressure on!)

What tests where involved and what length of time was you there ??

Seaza

The day started off with trp1 a memory test based on a fiticious substance called glop. TRP2 which was the dials and cables test. Three computer tests, WAFV, ATAVT and two hand coordination test. The lorol specific visual search exercise. The situational judgement exercise that linked into the MMI.

The day started at 9am and didn't finish until around 4ish.

joeb85

That is a long day, how did you find it ??

Did the other guys get through aswell??

Seaza

It was mentally tough. There were four of us overall, and thankfully we were all there at the end of the day.

joeb85

It was mentally tough. There were four of us overall, and thankfully we were all there at the end of the day.

So does that mean you all passed and are through to the interview stage now then ??

Got the email got my stage 2 next thursday. Did you need to take lunch with you??

Seaza

Waiting on the MMI outcome and VSE results. Well done on getting to stage 2. There was a chance to go and get food so it's up to you. There are quite a few breaks where they are marking the tests.

joeb85

Waiting on the MMI outcome and VSE results. Well done on getting to stage 2. There was a chance to go and get food so it's up to you. There are quite a few breaks where they are marking the tests.

That's alright then as long as there is enough time to get drinks and food it should be alright

How do you feel you have done ??
Did they say how long til you hear anything ???

Seaza

I was convinced at every stage I was going to get booted out........ And that's still how I feel now. They said a 7 to 10 days for the outcome.

joeb85

I was convinced at every stage I was going to get booted out........ And that's still how I feel now. They said a 7 to 10 days for the outcome.

Well I got my fingers crossed for you hopefully you get through.

Did you have to do the test where they show an picture for like all of 2 seconds and then you had to click what you saw ???

joeb85

Yeah that was one of the tests... Some of the examples for that one are on YouTube.

Yea I been looking online at the variety of tests that are probably going to come up and I have been amazed by the variety.

I saw a test where the screen is grey and you need to click one it gets darker.

The 2 hand coordination test

Dials test where you need to put them in order of correctness.

An amazing amount of tests

Did you also do a test where you have like a mock interview ??

Seaza

No it's a competency based interview based on behaviours and experience. It's one to one with a examiner from the OPC.

There was a thread somewhere with some advice but I can't remember exactly where it was.

joeb85

No it's a competency based interview based on behaviours and experience. It's one to one with a examiner from the OPC.

There was a thread somewhere with some advice but I can't remember exactly where it was.

What kinda advice do you give for that ???

Feeling alittle nervous with this second stage, I was confident about the first assesment but finding this one alittle daunting.
Did you stay at a hotel the night before ??

Seaza

Yeah, i was bricking it at the second Assessment. I stayed at the Travelodge opposite, not the nicest place and the brecky was crap!

Advice for the MMI.....
1) Think about how your experiences relate to the drivers role.
2) Prepare to be interrupted and subjects to change quickly.
3) Expect the unexpected...

joeb85

Yeah, i was bricking it at the second Assessment. I stayed at the Travelodge opposite, not the nicest place and the brecky was crap!

Advice for the MMI.....
1) Think about how your experiences relate to the drivers role.
2) Prepare to be interrupted and subjects to change quickly.
3) Expect the unexpected...

I'm normally ok when I'm put on the spot so should be ok with that.

May have to consider the hotel as I'm working the night before the assesment so will be in a rush on the day.

One good thing about this stage is if you make a mistake they let you know.

So next stage will be a formal interview right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.