• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Applications closed] LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaza

Hi Guys, Received an E-Mail on the 2nd with an invite to an assessment centre on the 13th of this month. Anyone else heard back?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

csteacher

I applied on the 23rd March 2015. Still awaiting a reply. Fingers & toes crossed.

Seaza

Ive not printed them out yet, don't think i've got enough ink left, but I've been working through the tests. Need to print some group bourdon tests out later and try doing it with pencil because I've been doing it on computer so far.

How are you finding it?

joeb85

They are beneficial if I said they are easy it would be a lie but hey are not to hard either, i think it's mainly about accuracy and not rushing them.

One of my friends us already a driver and he said they when speed and accuracy mainly.

Is this your first test for the trains or you done it before ???

Seaza

Its the first time applying for a trainee position. Yeah i agree speed and accuracy relate the the competencies that they require. my best attempt so far is 56 lines and 1 error but that was on computer and not on paper.

What are you currently working as? Is this your first time applying?

joeb85

The 56 lines and 1 error how do you figure this thing out what test paper was that on ?? Sounds thick I know but I've been working page to page and not worked out anything like this.

I'm currently a delivery driver and have been for a good few years what about yourself ??

Yea first time applying for trainee driver.

Seaza

Same, I'm a delivery driver for a well known online only supermarket (easy to guess the company). and it will give you the feedback at the end. Ive found it helpful because it times you and tells you how many you got wrong.

Last edited:

joeb85

Same mate lol online supermarket

Just found the groupbourdon test and tried it out

Smallskis

I have mine next Wednesday I must admit I'm slightly confused with all the examples they have sent, does anybody know what the first assesment will involve as I'll concentrate on them first rather than the second assesment examples that have been attached as well.

l0c0m0t1ve

I have mine next Wednesday I must admit I'm slightly confused with all the examples they have sent, does anybody know what the first assesment will involve as I'll concentrate on them first rather than the second assesment examples that have been attached as well.

Not sure if it's exactly the same but I recently had an assessment with GTR and the first one consisted of the group bourdon, TEA-Occ, Trainability for rules and procedures tests

The WAFV vigilance test, ATAVT Perception Test and 2Hand Co-ordination Tests were in the second stage of the assessment.

joeb85

It stated in my pack the second assesment examples are only for those who get through the first stage, but they send them out aswell because the turn around time if you pass first assesments is like a week

evoice

Same as stated by l0cOmotive, plus there are some extras:
1st stage : situation judgement test (SJT), driver fault finding test (DFFT)
2nd stage : Visual search exercise (VSE), Multi modal interview (MMI)

Last edited:

Smallskis

Good luck to everybody that has their assesment day on Monday, I've got mine on Wednesday so any tips on the day would be really appreciated.

jonthetaxi

Hi All, just discovered the forum.
I applied for trainee driver with LOROL but haven't received anything yet. I see some of you are already going for assessment's. Does this mean I haven't been accepted? Do they normally send you an email or if you don't hear from them you just assume your not getting through to the next stage? Thanks

joeb85

Same, I'm a delivery driver for a well known online only supermarket (easy to guess the company). and it will give you the feedback at the end. Ive found it helpful because it times you and tells you how many you got wrong.

Hey how did it go today ???
Did they tell you if you passed or do you have to wait ???

I have to resit mine on 28th as passport was out of date

Seaza

Hey how did it go today ???
Did they tell you if you passed or do you have to wait ???

I have to resit mine on 28th as passport was out of date

Hello, Went ok i think, was a quite an intense day of concentrating. Nah they don't let you know on the day, they forward the information back to LOROL who will then contact the candidates.

I did wonder why they didn't let you sit the assessment but i guessed it was something to do with the documentation required.

WOW 28th, thats quite a wait, but i guess that means more time to prepare and prep.

TrainRookie

Hello, Went ok i think, was a quite an intense day of concentrating. Nah they don't let you know on the day, they forward the information back to LOROL who will then contact the candidates.

I did wonder why they didn't let you sit the assessment but i guessed it was something to do with the documentation required.

WOW 28th, thats quite a wait, but i guess that means more time to prepare and prep.

Seaza when did you apply for this ? I applied on 13/03 and heard nothing yet ?

Smallskis

Hi Seaza nice to see you think all went well I have mine tomorrow at the head office any tips would be really appreciated, thanks

joeb85

That's handy to know that they will contact you, hopefully you get through, yea 28th is quite a while away no doubt will have to re - study as will forget everything.

What time did you all get out of there ???

Smallskis

I absolutely blew the lift floor test I just couldn't get my head around the tones but think I did okay on the others so don't think I passed but let's wait and see.
Took just over three hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.