• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Drivers - LNER Edinburgh Waverley (05/05/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eebbs1912

Just done my Video interview there. First time I've done one, was a bit weird. Easy enough process though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bazzzzz

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions regarding LNER Edinburgh depot?

1. what is the pay scale as you move through training and what is fully qualified starting salary?

2. What is a standard route and average working week look like?

many thanks

Eebbs1912

Someone said before that the pay is 29k till out the class room then 40,400 approx training to drive then 70400 approx when fully passed out.

Routes are on the sticky thread for depots and routes

Pd1991

Hi guys - first time poster here.

I’ve completed my application and the 3 assessments online - any idea how long it takes to get a response / results of the tests?
Thanks!

DriverEight

I’ve completed my application and the 3 assessments online - any idea how long it takes to get a response / results of the tests?
Thanks!
If it's anything like the Newcastle vacancies a few months ago, it's very quick. Next stage is an online video interview. You don't get results as such.

energol

Thanks!
I waited for about 3 days then got the video interview link.

spellczech

Applied over the weekend, done Step 1 and the 3 on-line tests.
Got an email this morning inviting me for a video interview.

martycree

Evening Gents,

Just completed the first two online assessments but no sign of the third? Did it come through immediately for everyone or was there a delay?

Bazzzzz

Has anyone completed the online interview and had a reply as to how you’ve done? I applied 8 days ago but not sure how long it usually takes?

MrT90

No communication from LNER after completing the online interview either. We need to be patient I guess...

DriverEight

Has anyone completed the online interview and had a reply as to how you’ve done? I applied 8 days ago but not sure how long it usually takes?
Just sit tight. I had an online interview with LNER earlier in the year, and I think the wait was about 4 weeks

Aictos

Established Member
Is it Edinburgh Waverley or Craigentinny? I'm one hour on the dot according to google maps.
It will be Edinburgh Waverley as that's where the drivers are based, Craigentinnny is just a depot where as a driver you may be booked to work a train on or off the depot.

Back when LNER operated Class 91s to Edinburgh, there was a thunderbird (Class 67) on standby at Craigentinnny with a driver allocated to it for the shift.

The intake class for this application will be passing out in November as newly qualified drivers for those who are successful.

StevieH500

On Moderation
It will be Edinburgh Waverley as that's where the drivers are based, Craigentinnny is just a depot where as a driver you may be booked to work a train on or off the depot.

Back when LNER operated Class 91s to Edinburgh, there was a thunderbird (Class 67) on standby at Craigentinnny with a driver allocated to it for the shift.

The intake class for this application will be passing out in November as newly qualified drivers for those who are successful.
The course is 52 weeks long so they won't be passing out this November lol

Eebbs1912

Good luck mate, I start my driver apprenticeship course in 3 weeks anyway but I'm all over the UK. Edinburgh would've been much better. Nevermind, I'll try again when I'm qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.