• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Freight Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
Ah didn’t realise it hasn’t closed yet. It’s up for quite a long time for a driver vacancy isn’t it!

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Ah didn’t realise it hasn’t closed yet. It’s up for quite a long time for a driver vacancy isn’t it!

Possibly slipped through the net? Colas vacancies do seem to hang around for a long time, whatever the role

tattubato

Hi,

I have not heard anything yet I guess they are still taking applications.
I get the impression there are many vacancies available since they say they are expanding.

FOCTOC

Hi,

I have not heard anything yet I guess they are still taking applications.
I get the impression there are many vacancies available since they say they are expanding.

Trouble is, apparently they are not expanding - not on the commercial freight side at least. The story goes that that side of the business will be reduced with more emphasis on servicing Network Rail contracts. Im told the recruitment drive for trainees is to replace drivers who keep leaving for other companies. The above I hasten to add is just the persistent rumour going around within circles inside 'the trade'.

JMH77

Just submitted my application. Hopefully won't be too long a wait for news...

SquarePeg

Hi all

Is it worth completing the optional section on the application? Is it looked into and used at all? Good luck to all applying!

JMH77

Hi all

Is it worth completing the optional section on the application? Is it looked into and used at all? Good luck to all applying!

I did, it asks a couple of relevant questions and gives you the chance to give a bit more information about yourself. I can't see it doing you any harm unless you answer no to any of the questions in which case you maybe shouldn't apply.

SquarePeg

I did, it asks a couple of relevant questions and gives you the chance to give a bit more information about yourself. I can't see it doing you any harm unless you answer no to any of the questions in which case you maybe shouldn't apply.

Thanks - thought that was the case. Can’t see anywhere to attach covering letter, guessing just make that page 1 of CV?

martin2345uk

Established Member
None of the posts on Colas' website seem to have closing dates so goodness only knows when this one will close!

tiptoptaff

Established Member
None of the posts on Colas' website seem to have closing dates so goodness only knows when this one will close!

Who knows - FWIW, I haven't applied to Colas for years. But last time I did, I never heard a peep. The job vanished, nothing, then it go re-advertised. So expect it to be a case of never knowing

BR driver

Trouble is, apparently they are not expanding - not on the commercial freight side at least. The story goes that that side of the business will be reduced with more emphasis on servicing Network Rail contracts. Im told the recruitment drive for trainees is to replace drivers who keep leaving for other companies. The above I hasten to add is just the persistent rumour going around within circles inside 'the trade'.

They have had a number of drivers leave from both the freight side and the test train side to go to the mainstream FOCs and in some cases TOCs.

Teddyward

Just completed application for this on the back of failing my freightliner DMI. Good luck everyone.

The One

I personally believe you have your psychometric pass then you do have a head start on other people the reason I say this they can interview you knowing you have already passed.

Is the vacancy still open? Crumbs!

There seem to be an awful lot of vacancies without closing dates!

I'm tempted to apply but the job security side concerns me slightly. Anyone know what the other T&Cs are like with COLAS (pension, holiday etc)?

Swif_47270

It's a little concerning there's not a closing date, however perhaps there reviewing applications on an ongoing basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.