• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Freight Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

I live right in between the south east/ Anglia and have done all the psychometrics to an “enhanced” standard.
Not a bean.

Rob Price

Hi guys, I applied on Sunday. How long should I expect to wait before hearing back? Thanks

FOCTOC

Nope just a plain old wall of silence :)

You may in time be thankful for that. Take it from someone who worked as a freight driver for them. Theres a very good reason theres now a lot of vacancies - they can no longer retain drivers, and the more that leave the worse its becoming for those still there.

That said, if its your only available route into the industry then its worth pursuing to get your foot in the door - theres always vacancies for qualified drivers.

Lenny_1986

I’ve only just found this job advert and thinking of applying. There is no specific location on the application and I understand it’s uk wide but some of you have stated locations. Has anybody heard anything back yet as the application says start date October

Teddyward

I’ve only just found this job advert and thinking of applying. There is no specific location on the application and I understand it’s uk wide but some of you have stated locations. Has anybody heard anything back yet as the application says start date October
Some people in this thread have had a video interview. I had an email a week ago from hr saying sifting still in progress. Will be a tight timescale if people need to do the psychometrics, dmi and medical by October.

Lenny_1986

Thanks for the info gents. My current work require 3 months notice so I think it might be a no go for me. Does anyone know if Colas do any work in the North West, particularly Liverpool?

Last edited:

tgrb

How does the video interview work - I see deadlines for it and people saying they’re going to do it at the weekend etc, do you have to record yourself doing a pitch or something?

The One

Have patience with this one.Trust me on this one the railway recruitment works slow then suddenly it’s all 100mph stuff.
I would not become complacent about not hearing any thing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.