• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Freight Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well well, I have finally got an email from Colas saying they are in the process of reviewing all applications and will be in touch shortly!
I'd almost forgotten about this one tbh :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JTS

Still no emails received here and i applied back in June has any one actually progressed from the initial applications stage ?

Steve2505

Right folks, has anyone had any problems with the video interview , the app has kicked me out numerous times and it continually fails to upload and before anyone asks yes I've got fibre optic broadband and a bloody good mobile.

Teddyward

I’ve fired an email off to hr chasing up whether this is still ongoing or not as I was advised a month ago I would hear shortly either way but haven’t to date.

Steve2505

Video app crashed etc. But after emails to the app provider that got Colas to re-set my account so I've finally got the video interview done and it wasn't too bad either.
Finger crossed !!!

BallastMonkey

From what I've heard there may be some changes coming with regards to this vacancy. Seems like ColasRail haven't decided what to do...

Steve2505

Apprentice is just their way of saying trainee, no difference really and it could still be sorted for the end of October.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Doesn’t “apprentice” trigger a nice payment from government ?

Network Rail offer “apprenticeship” signaller courses now on the same payment from government scheme.

Doesn’t “apprentice” trigger a nice payment from government ?

Network Rail offer “apprenticeship” signaller courses now on the same payment from government scheme.

No quite the opposite - companies that have a wage bill over a certain amount (£3 million I think) have to pay into what is known as the apprenticeship levy - a pot of their own money in fact. They can then use this money to employ/train apprentices. If they use don't some or all of it then you lose it after 24 months

JMH77

Just had that too. At least it wasn't a thanks but no thanks which is what I was expecting as didn't get invited to the video interview.

Teddyward

I will be withdrawing my application. Was hanging on incase the October start came to be.
Best of luck to those of you who persevere.

PaulBusDriver

I've also had an email to tell me that recruitment is on hold until November.
Does anyone know whether Colas tests are to the national standard or enhanced?

train_lover

Did anyone hear anything from this? I applied back in June! I then got an email in September stating I'd hear by November. I then saw they were advertising again! I'm just curious if anyone heard anything more?

BallastMonkey

Did anyone hear anything from this? I applied back in June! I then got an email in September stating I'd hear by November. I then saw they were advertising again! I'm just curious if anyone heard anything more?

Neither have I, at what stage are you?

Steve2505

Not a sausage, got to the video part, was told I'd hear something by the end of December.

Steve2505

Just had an email saying that they've stopped recruiting for the position !! Looks like they've just had second thoughts in the current climate ??

Stigy

Established Member
I've not heard anything yet, but once again, worth bearing in mind that (for me at least) although limited, all correspondence has so far gone in to my spam folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.