• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apps / Website to check off UK Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any websites or mobile apps where you can mark off stations on the UK network as you visit them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Not seen any, I guess you could create a spreadsheet. I would like to see a clicky map to tick off lines too.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
There is a very good spreadsheet that I use which I downloaded from somewhere. You can filter them by TOC or local authority which can be useful.

Cant for the life of me remember where I got it from though!

I’ve started to put the stations into lists of an app called Foursquare (the Forerunner to the “check in“ function in Facebook) - which seems to fit the bill nicely as it also plots them on a map

Kite159

Veteran Member
There is a very good spreadsheet that I use which I downloaded from somewhere. You can filter them by TOC or local authority which can be useful.

Cant for the life of me remember where I got it from though!

Probably from me as I had a sheet like that (has TFL & "other light rail" on two other tabs.

I will try and update it to include Kintore & Bow Street and upload tomorrow

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Probably from me as I had a sheet like that (has TFL & "other light rail" on two other tabs.

I will try and update it to include Kintore & Bow Street and upload tomorrow
Yes that sounds like the one. My copy is a little out of date, I recall having to manually add Worcestershire Parkway last year too.

I’ve started to put the stations into lists of an app called Foursquare (the Forerunner to the “check in“ function in Facebook) - which seems to fit the bill nicely as it also plots them on a map
In case anyone is interested - this is a list that’s been done with all the Oslo Metro Stations plotted onto it - as they are checked into / ticked off - they turn as coloured icons.

I have noted that you can only have 200 places maximum on a list - so I’m splitting the UK stations into alphabetical lists.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Hopefully I have included all the stations/stops which have opened since 2019 time

Attachments

• Stations Visited Log Blank.xlsx
    164.3 KB · Views: 51

MDB1images

Hopefully I have included all the stations/stops which have opened since 2019 time
I've never really looked at getting all the stations in, however after a year of very little leisure travel I might have a look at doing that.
Thanks for the list.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Just a quick note @Kite159 I have just been using your updated sheet to get myself up to date from the previous one I was using, I notice you still have Cross Country down as managing some of the stations, these were transferred to East Midlands Railway a while ago.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Just a quick note @Kite159 I have just been using your updated sheet to get myself up to date from the previous one I was using, I notice you still have Cross Country down as managing some of the stations, these were transferred to East Midlands Railway a while ago.

I use Cross Country on that sheet solely for the stations which they only serve (or in the case of the 3 stations between Leicester & Peterborough the majority operator seeing as they only see a tiny number of EMR trains a day). More a fudge on my records to get those separate.

Likewise there are some listed under Great Northern/Southern which only/mostly see Thameslink branded trains call at

Which reminds me, did I ever change Dean/Mottisfont/Romsey to be SWR from GWR?

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I use Cross Country on that sheet solely for the stations which they only serve (or in the case of the 3 stations between Leicester & Peterborough the majority operator seeing as they only see a tiny number of EMR trains a day). More a fudge on my records to get those separate.
No problem, just thought I'd flag it up. I've amended my copy anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.