• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

April timetable uplifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well, if they were ALL sitting at home doing nothing there'd be no trains at all running, surely?

Sorry it was implicit in my statement that I meant staff that would otherwise be working the withdrawn services - not all staff (obviously).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AverageTD

Shepperton seems to be regaining its 2tph service to Waterloo on the 26th having been hourly except for peaks for the last few months.

The 1520 EUS-MAN on Friday was full and standing when it left Euston.
Also the 1634 EUS-TRI is always standing room only, (Booked an 8 car now - was 12 before) which is odd considering all the spare stock around.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
The 1520 EUS-MAN on Friday was full and standing when it left Euston.
Also the 1634 EUS-TRI is always standing room only, (Booked an 8 car now - was 12 before) which is odd considering all the spare stock around.
Yeah Euston - Manchester could really do with its second train an hour back. In the mornings it fine but in the afternoons and evenings trains are getting very busy in both direction.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Because that’s what they have been asked to run until the May timetable change. With only limited overnight stays allowed long distance traffic is still pretty quiet.

That may be technically the case but in practice the DfT has been guided by advice from the TOCs themselves so perhaps Avanti are being a bit disingenuous if that’s the line they’re taking?

Bikeman78

Established Member
Although there are less re-openings in Wales than England, there are still some predominantly shops. TFW seem to have done nothing additional and are being bombarded by complaints through Twitter and some individual services are even mentioned on Journey Check, referring to overcrowding with trains full and standing and formed 2 carriages instead of 4 in the Cardiff Valleys. TFW reply with a "Cut and Paste" reply or merely say will feed it back.
Cardiff City centre was very busy on Saturday. I did a 143+153 to Rhymney and back. Quite a decent load both ways. Definitely the busiest TFW trains I've seen this year. I went north too early for most people to be heading home and and back south a bit late for shoppers heading into town so I can imagine that other trains were more busy. TfW reinstated the full Covid timetable in March. The same timetable will apply in May.

Alex27

I went on my first standing room only train yesterday in forever! (I say standing room only, there were still plenty of seats, but because of social distancing people were still having to stand) I joined at Swindon and went to Didcot, but the train manager said it had been full from Bridgwater (ex paignton)

Status
Not open for further replies.