• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are 67s still doing Manchester to Holyhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llandudno

Established Member
My understanding is that there'd be the same hourly service from Llandudno to Chester, but going to Liverpool rather than Manchester. There will also be ample turnaround time for the hourly shuttle to Llandudno Jn too, as the paths to and from Liverpool indicate trains will pass each other at Chester just like the current Manchester service does.

I've had a quick dig in the train service requirements for December 2019 and 2022 (when the new timetable is to start), and found that the minimum number of through services Chester-Llandudno is due to increase from 12 to 17. Counting all services between the Junction and Llandudno, the specification increases from 27 to 32.

The only loss I can find is the fact that there won't be direct trains to Warrington, Earlestown and Manchester from Llandudno and Deganwy (only from Llandudno Jn).
If I am interpreting the specification correctly there will be 17 trains per day between Llandudno and Chester with most extending to Liverpool, in addition to this there appears to be an additional 14 trains per day between Llandudno and Llandudno Junction (some extending to Blaenau Ffestiniog).
So 31 trains per day in each direction will operate between Llandudno and the Junction, a significant improvement on the current timetable, so hopefully the current 60-70 minute gaps in the timetable will be filled.

If the timetables are coordinated to connect with fast trains at the Junction then timings to Warrington and Manchester may be quicker than currently albeit with inconvenience of changing at the Junction.

However, I can see the Llandudno to Liverpool through trains being very popular!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Evening all. Does anyone know if the loco set has been out at all this week or is the DVT still nursing its wheel flat?

Not been out this week so far. We’ll potentially not see it again with the upcoming Mk4 timetable change if they get the issues with that sorted.

Leyland155

Not been out this week so far. We’ll potentially not see it again with the upcoming Mk4 timetable change if they get the issues with that sorted.
That's a shame but thanks for letting me know. If the Mk4s take considerably longer to enter into service, hopefully a derogation would be granted to allow the Mk3s to continue into next year.

mrcaa

Evening all. Does anyone know if the loco set has been out at all this week or is the DVT still nursing its wheel flat?
It’s not been on the 16:50 to Llandudno at least. Still a rammed 3-car 175 unfortunately.

craigybagel

Established Member

The DVT and 67 came back from Canton to Crewe today. Not sure as to when they'll be back in service however.

_toommm_

Established Member
The set is back out today. DVT 82306 and 67020.

Coaches:
12177 (next to DVT)
12185 (next to loco)

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Looks to have got through the chaos currently ensuing at MCO too after that 319 went bang. 1718 and 1755 both cancelled.

TheGarner

Looks to have got through the chaos currently ensuing at MCO too after that 319 went bang. 1718 and 1755 both cancelled.

It did thankfully, as I was hoping it would otherwise i would have to go via Victoria and hope for the best. Running a bit slow due to flooding around the Newton area but we are moving!

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
It did thankfully, as I was hoping it would otherwise i would have to go via Victoria and hope for the best. Running a bit slow due to flooding around the Newton area but we are moving!

Will keep an eye out in a bit - not spotted 67020 yet!

_toommm_

Established Member
82306 still out and about on its usual diagram in Manchester. I'm not sure if it had it previously, but there are TfW decals on the DVT.

craigybagel

Established Member
Back out in service today, after a break over Christmas. Only running as a 3 car set however.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Sounded like a unit going past my house earlier rather than 67010 - anyone know why it’s out of action?

TheGarner

It’s back in service. It’s doing the 16:50 Piccadilly to Llandudno service today.

67 010

Only 3 coaches still though.

Status
Not open for further replies.