• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are 67s still doing Manchester to Holyhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Still, I bet the acceleration will be impressive!

It needs to be, with the amount of people either cant open the doors in the first place or just don't slam them behind them make dwell times too long really.

I'm really going to miss them though.... Nothing better on a summers night then stood next to an open drop light watching the sunset heading down the north Wales coast. A special feeling that I have had since a child and will be sorely missed when the mark IV's take over. :'(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
It needs to be, with the amount of people either cant open the doors in the first place or just don't slam them behind them make dwell times too long really.

I'm really going to miss them though.... Nothing better on a summers night then stood next to an open drop light watching the sunset heading down the north Wales coast. A special feeling that I have had since a child and will be sorely missed when the mark IV's take over. :'(

Hear hear!

craigybagel

Established Member
Still, I bet the acceleration will be impressive!

Timetabling the 67s is a rather strange thing - the dwell times can indeed be long for the reasons you mention, and the guards who work it do have to be very careful to ensure all doors are closed (especially as most stations it calls are at self dispatch). It also takes a while to get moving from a standstill. But once they do get going properly, they'll comfortably out accelerate a 175 all the way to 90, and reach that speed on hills where a 175 wouldn't come close. And that's with 4 on - with only 3 they'll fly even more.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Timetabling the 67s is a rather strange thing - the dwell times can indeed be long for the reasons you mention, and the guards who work it do have to be very careful to ensure all doors are closed (especially as most stations it calls are at self dispatch). But once they get going, they'll comfortably out accelerate a 175 all the way to 90, and reach that speed on hills where a 175 wouldn't come close. And that's with 4 on - with only 3 they'll fly even more.

Which is why I love standing by the window so much, obviously never with my head out that would be wreckless ….. o_O considering they are quite possibly the most comfortable mark III 's in service , quiet , comfy , charging points. Why would you stand by choice?...… :D

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Not on the 0738 from Chester - looks like it’s 175112. Will try and find out more.

Pretty poor lately, you would think TfW would be desperate to keep it running with DMU's in such shortage at the moment.

Journey check stating it will be two coaches instead of three, so the 67 is a coach down anyway from the usual 4 and now down to a 2 coach DMU.

The 16.50 on a Friday afternoon from Piccadilly should be a barrel of laughs this afternoon. Good luck to the red line screamers with this one!!

TheGarner

Not on the 0738 from Chester - looks like it’s 175112. Will try and find out more.

Pretty poor lately, you would think TfW would be desperate to keep it running with DMU's in such shortage at the moment.

Journey check stating it will be two coaches instead of three, so the 67 is a coach down anyway from the usual 4 and now down to a 2 coach DMU.

The 16.50 on a Friday afternoon from Piccadilly should be a barrel of laughs this afternoon. Good luck to the red line screamers with this one!!

Thanks for the heads up - Seems like I will try and catch the train before this one or at least get to one of the doors before anyone else :P

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

Yeah that will not be fun! Wheel flats and a DRA fault on the DVT were why it was out of action earlier this week but don’t know what’s happened today.

a22book

I wonder how journey check reported it as 2 carriages?

caused a lot of panic in my office

a22book

67 is back doing Manchester Holyhead today and also has 4 passenger coaches. Pure bliss.

TheGarner

Still the 67 today and 4 coaches! Although it seems the 4th coach (next to the DVT) has some sort of flickering light problem. Still in use just slightly annoying :P

Last edited:

nicolaboo

67010 - 12185-12182-12177-12183-82308
Just arrived on the 0738 Chester to Man Picc.

Status
Not open for further replies.