Are Deptford to Woking tickets valid via New Cross?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by ontheriver, 11 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontheriver

ontheriver New Member

Having just moved to Deptford, I've discovered the infuriating gaps in the timetable to Deptford from London Bridge. With New Cross quite close, would a Deptford to Woking weekly ticket be valid to/from New Cross?

Thanks

2. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The booking engines are happy to route you via New Cross.

Are you a Season ticket holder? If so I'd buy it from somewhere like Charlton instead (you can get a zero cost changeover), as this is the same price and may be less likely to be questioned.

3. ontheriver

ontheriver New Member

Currently using weekly tickets.

I had thought of getting a ticket from further down the line if no more expensive. Certainly Greenwich tickets seem to allow use of DLR to Lewisham and onwards to Charing Cross during the Thameslink work.

Thanks

4. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Is it any quicker for you to go from New Cross Gate or Canada Water to Clapham Junction, then pick up a Woking train?

5. ontheriver

ontheriver New Member

New cross gate is a longer walk. Could get a bus to Canada Water (takes about 10-15 min).

The route via Overground to Clapham Junction takes quite a while on overground and then precludes getting the fast train to Woking from Waterloo.

6. James Wake

James Wake Member

You can time it to get a fast train from Clapham Junction to Woking, any Exeter train would do, or the Haslemere/Portsmouth and Southsea stopper, or even the Basingstokes at xx19 are only 30 mins or so journey time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.