• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are the comfortable seats as fitted to longer distance Desiro units still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I would assume the seat cushions and design on 444s and 350/1s are no longer available due to crash regs? There is a subtle difference that makes 444s infinitely more comfortable than a 450, even in the airline seats. I was hoping this could be replicated on the 458s?
They’re available enough to have added all those extras to the 444s surely?

infobleep

Veteran Member
Can anyone remember how comfortable the refurbished 442s were?

I did travel in one but I can't remember if I sat down or stood, let alone remember the seat comfortableness.

Last edited by a moderator:

TEW

Established Member
Can anyone remember how comfortable the refurbished 442s were?

I did travel in one but I can't remember if I sat down or stood, let alone remember the seat comfortableness.
I found the seats to be very firm and a strange shape, so not particularly comfortable. They felt worse than under Southern/Gatwick Express.

antharro

Same. Not very comfortable at all. 444 standard were much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.