• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are there any GENUINE female Rail Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

southy39

well are there... everywhere i look and any time im at a site where rail enthusiasts gather there re only ever guys,.... so are there any female enthusiats or are they just a myth

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I seem to recall that there is at least one lady on this forum who posts from time to time.

Sprog

Established Member
I know of several female enthusiasts. One in particular has a great passion for all things '47' :lol: :lol:

They are about, but yes..in reality, this is a male dominated hobby and as far as i can see, it always will be. Though i hope to be proven wrong.

I saw a lovley lass :) out with her dad on the last railtour i went on.

Tom B

Established Member
There are females around, but they usually get scared away from forums by their reception...

Ben

Dont Worry Vikki We all knew,

Young Sprog knows nothing :lol:

(Only Joking Sprog!)

southy39 said:
well are there... everywhere i look and any time im at a site where rail enthusiasts gather there re only ever guys,.... so are there any female enthusiats or are they just a myth

So does that answer your question?? :P

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I did see a mid-aged woman yesterday at Newport who had an A6 pad out and writing in it when a 158 pulled in. I doubt she was noting its number or anything, but you never know!

there used to be a lady that worked at peterbourgh that was often seen on the skegness line-she often wore a leather jacket and had dark hair anyone remember her at all?

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
No... your not the only one....

Here in Holland I know 5 female railway enthousiasts. One of them is even known by ALL railway staff, so she made a couple of big mistakes. If railway personell sees her, then they have to call the police. Even I call them when I see her around trains. The other 4 are just normal ladies ;) and like trains. two of them work for the VSM in the dining coach. The fourht is a young lady loving trams, and does also like trains.

And I guess there are lots more, but don't want others know it.

I hope you can stand up to all those men in this little "whats that girl doing here" world of trains. ;)

nothing wrong with being boreing it keeps us safe :D i like train gardening i can use a needle and my girlfriend cindy loves me what more could i ask for :D well maybe a 69 dodge charger :D

Status
Not open for further replies.