• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are tickets booked on Chiltern available for collection straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Are tickets booked on Chiltern's website available for collection straight away from a TVM?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
They certainly should be, though be aware that Chiltern's booking engine does a £1 pre-authorisation before requesting the authorisation for the full price, which can occasionally trip card issuer anti-fraud measures.

mikeg

Established Member
Seems to have been my experience at least within the 30 min walk to the station. I sometimes book tickets for my commute when the cashback is good that way.

hkstudent

Established Member
Practically on the second you receive the code, you can likely collect that.
Sometime I just stand near the TVM and use cashback site to buy the ticket, and insert the card to TVM while the final transaction is taking place.

Established Member
I've collected within seconds many times. The £1.00 charges are annoying as they take 7-10 days to reverse - they used to pend for the entire time but now go through as charges before reversing days later.

I use topcashback / quidco to buy and am always able to select the next train that's due within 2-3 minutes of departure on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.