• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arlesey to Heathrow T5 tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallangong

Hi,

I am getting a flight from Heathrow at 0915 tomorrow. I normally think I have at least a vague understanding of trains and ticketing but I really struggle when it comes to the Heathrow Express. I want to arrive at Heathrow T5 by 0800, can anybody suggest which train/tube/Heathrow Express combination I should get?

Ta.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I would aim to arrive before then - if your train is delayed you'll risk missing your flight.

Are you sure you don't want to arrive earlier than that?

If you're insistent, a journey planner instructs you to take:

0548 FCC train from Arlesley to King's Cross arrving 0629.

Tube to Paddington.

0725 Heathrow Express to Heathrow T5, arriving 0746. (you may just arrive early enough by Tube to take the 0710, arriving 0731)

district

A perhaps cheaper route would be Piccadilly line from Kings Cross St. Pancras, which would depart at 06:29 and arrive at 07:43 (NRE).

Edit - A +0 at Kings Cross won't work.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If you do the route you've suggested I'd expect the 0548 from Arlesey to get you to Kings X for 0629.

Hop on the circle or hammersmith and city line (from the same platform at Kings X St Pancras tube).

The 0710 Heathrow Express will get you to T5 for 0731.

If you get the next train from Arlesey - the 0630, I'd expect you to get to T5 for 0816 if all went well with your trains - I wouldn't risk this.

The only other train of note is the 0448 from Arlesey. As this is stopper it takes 19 minutes longer than the train an hour later and would probably get you to T5 on the 0640 from Paddington, arriving at T5 at 0701.

I suspect getting the Piccadilly line from Kings X all the way to Terminal 5 wouldn't be much different timewise.

transmanche

Established Member
The 07:25 HEx from Paddington will get you to T5 station at 07:46, the 07:40 will get you there at 08:01.

The 05:48 from Arlesey gets to Kings Cross at 06:29, which should be plenty of time to get to Paddington for the 07:25 (or even the 07:10). The next train at 06:30 gets to Kings Cross at 07:15, which really is cutting it fine to catch the 07:40 from Paddington.

So I'd suggest getting the 05:48 from Arlesey.

sonic2009

Established Member
I would aim to catch the 0448 from Arlesey to London Kings Cross because :

1. Allows you enough time to get to Heathrow
2. With the weather as it is currently, unexpected delays are occurring everywhere

Deerfold

Veteran Member
An alternative if you can get a lift to Hitchin (as the train connection is only 5 minutes..) is the National express coach at 0502 from Hitchin Station / 0505 Hitchin St Mary's square. This arrives at Heathrow T5 at 0725. Definitely prebook if you're going to do this to make sure the driver's expecting you.

island

Veteran Member
To add to the above, you need to remember that if your boarding pass is scanned at Heathrow T5 security any less than 35 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure time, it will reject and you will have to rebook onto a later flight. This is particularly relevant if you have baggage to check.

pitdiver

An alternative if you can get a lift to Hitchin (as the train connection is only 5 minutes..) is the National express coach at 0502 from Hitchin Station / 0505 Hitchin St Mary's square. This arrives at Heathrow T5 at 0725. Definitely prebook if you're going to do this to make sure the driver's expecting you.

As an ex National Express employee I would never advise anybody to catch a coach to an airport specially if it goes down M1 or M25 both roads are notorious for causing delays even in the mornings. Play it safe go by train. As a matter of interest Tube Journey time KX to Heathrow approx 1hr.

Best of luck whatevr route you choose.

mallangong

Thank you all. No time to reply last night as lots of last minute packing to do. On the train now and planning on getting the HEx (although tube all the way could be similar time wise).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Nearly done (on the HEx now). However next time I would get the Picadilly line from Finsbury Park which would take about the same time and have the advantage of having one less change with luggage and being cheaper.

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.