• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arnos Grove to Streatham Common tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envy123

Considering the situation with a lot of Southern trains being delayed or cancelled lately and the fact that I have a job interview tomorrow morning close to Streatham Common station - I'm doubting the advice from TfL's journey planner as it seems to ignore cancelled services.

The route it gives is to take the tube to Balham and go one stop to Streatham Common. Another route is to take the tube to Brixton, then take a bus but traffic may be a problem.

My origin station is Arnos Grove (could be New Southgate if it helps).

What is the least risky route for me to take? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Considering the situation with a lot of Southern trains being delayed or cancelled lately and the fact that I have a job interview tomorrow morning close to Streatham Common station - I'm doubting the advice from TfL's journey planner as it seems to ignore cancelled services.

The route it gives is to take the tube to Balham and go one stop to Streatham Common. Another route is to take the tube to Brixton, then take a bus but traffic may be a problem.

My origin station is Arnos Grove (could be New Southgate if it helps).

What is the least risky route for me to take? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Trains serving Streatham Common are worked by DOO services so these are largely unaffected. At least if you get to Balham on the tube, you will be one step nearer...

If the job interview is that important to you, just ensure you leave in good time and allow for any cross-London delays. I can't tell you what time to leave your house.

Best to arrive early rather than late (and be all sweaty and flustered) :lol:

Envy123

Trains serving Streatham Common are worked by DOO services so these are largely unaffected. At least if you get to Balham on the tube, you will be one step nearer...

If the job interview is that important to you, just ensure you leave in good time and allow for any cross-London delays. I can't tell you what time to leave your house.

Best to arrive early rather than late (and be all sweaty and flustered) :lol:

Thank you - that makes me feel a lot better about things. :)

I think I'll take the tube to Balham then the one stop to Streatham Common, leaving plenty of time for any delay.

hwl

Established Member
Thank you - that makes me feel a lot better about things. :)

I think I'll take the tube to Balham then the one stop to Streatham Common, leaving plenty of time for any delay.

Balham should be pretty reliable and as fall back option the traffic going south on the A23 should be fine at that time.

It is worth checking Southern Twitter feed, NRE and realtimetrains first thing to see if there are any issues before a final decision.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Or, coming from north London, you could consider Thameslink to Streatham station, not at all far from from Streatham Common. It's another option at least. Good luck.

Envy123

Balham should be pretty reliable and as fall back option the traffic going south on the A23 should be fine at that time.

It is worth checking Southern Twitter feed, NRE and realtimetrains first thing to see if there are any issues before a final decision.

Or, coming from north London, you could consider Thameslink to Streatham station, not at all far from from Streatham Common. It's another option at least. Good luck.

Thanks guys. I'll check how everything is running tomorrow and I will see what my route will be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.