• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva bus controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucien

Hi everyone, I'm aware this is isn't RAIL related but have no clue where else to post. I'm currently applying for a Bus controller position in Finsbury park with arriva.

I've been invited to a 3 hour pc Cascade assessment, with no pre read material upon asking. If anyone can advise me on what it'll be like and what the day entails?

Also, I've asked recruitment with no response, what's the general salary of this job? All I've managed to hear is that's it's 'Pretty good'

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Lucien needs to make a minimum number of posts (5?) before you can send a PM.

DriverGB

Yeah I would like to know what the assessment is like and the general salary like too

Aictos

Established Member
Just curious but is this job anything like the job Stephan Lewis had in On The Buses as the Inspector?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
First Careers were recently advertising a couple of controller vacancies working out of offices in Burnley, Lancashire.

From reading the job specification, the role of a bus controller has similar responsibilities to that of a train controller but I got the impression the bus controller has to go out and about when the need arises and I'm sure there was a requirement for a PVC licence which may suggest they also might bring out a replacement bus if a driver is using one that has broken down!!!

On the Buses was great - proper British sitcom and funnier than any rubbish on the box these days!

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.