• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva club 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy67

Some one please help me thinking off booking my mum on man picc to cardiff central i can currently get a day return for her with Arriva trains club 55 promotion for £15 return as she is over 55 but can she use any route as iam in Bristol i would like to meet here than carry on to cardiff together our is she restricted to arriva trains only any help is much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
Some one please help me thinking off booking my mum on man picc to cardiff central i can currently get a day return for her with Arriva trains club 55 promotion for £15 return as she is over 55 but can she use any route as iam in Bristol i would like to meet here than carry on to cardiff together our is she restricted to arriva trains only any help is much appreciated.

Don't know about XC, but you'd need a new ticket for the FGW stretch from Bristol.

Welshman

Established Member
According to Arriva Trains Wales website, she could only travel on the hourly ATW service from Manchester Piccadilly via Shrewsbury & Hereford.

I suppose you could get a ticket from Bristol to Cardiff and join her train at Newport for the final 15 minutes or so.

sheff1

Established Member
According to Arriva Trains Wales website, she could only travel on the hourly ATW service from Manchester Piccadilly via Shrewsbury & Hereford.

There is conflicting info on the ATW site. The journey planner shows that the ticket is valid via Birmingham & Bristol Parkway on XC & FGW. The Club 55 pages state otherwise.

Unless the OPs mother is up for a 'robust discussion', I suggest she sticks with the direct ATW trains.

taxidave

There is a £10 add on for XC trains between Birmingham and Cheltenham where you could join the Cheltenham to Maesteg service which also calls at Gloucester.

Status
Not open for further replies.