• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London North Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why Arriva London North seem to be removing the white bits on the sides of their buses, as pictured below, along with advertising on quite a few?!

ARRIVA%20LONDON%20NORTH-T318FGN-2004.jpg

Image from the great www.busphotos.co.uk

On ALL my local Arriva run bus routes, every other double decker seems to have become red all over, apart from the Arriva logo and amazingly, no advertising!? At first I thought they were new buses but I finally realsied what was missing, and it looks very strange!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

Many Arriva London buses are having thier white "cow horns" removed due to TfLs latest edict on the liveries on new contracts, with state buses used on these new buses must be at least 90% red (excluding adverts, they are still allowed).

It's not just Arriva that have had to revise thier livery, First London buses are losing the yellow and cream stripes along the sides of the bus and are just becoming all over red with a yellow First logo. London United buses are losing the famous light grey roof as in this picture:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/JPEGs/009-vle002.jpg

Dave A

Thanks Sprinter!

I must admit that they look like PROPER London Buses now.

lev441

Sprinter said:
Many Arriva London buses are having thier white "cow horns" removed due to TfLs latest edict on the liveries on new contracts, with state buses used on these new buses must be at least 90% red (excluding adverts, they are still allowed).

It's not just Arriva that have had to revise thier livery, First London buses are losing the yellow and cream stripes along the sides of the bus and are just becoming all over red with a yellow First logo. London United buses are losing the famous light grey roof as in this picture:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/JPEGs/009-vle002.jpg

come on thought... the white stripe must not take up more than 10%!!

DLA365

lev441 said:
come on thought... the white stripe must not take up more than 10%!!
That is true - it looks like we are heading for a 100% red scheme (minus the company name which apparently can be applied using any colour). I guess operators like Arriva and Metrobus do not want to risk having to repaint their buses if TfL make it a law that all London buses should be 100% red. On the other hand, it seems Metroline, Stagecoach, London United etc. don't mind taking a risk and have just trimmed their skirt and painted their tops white (the white tops IMO give a better appearance).

Status
Not open for further replies.