• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva london trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay_M

Ahhhh I'm sorry to hear that. Don't be too hard on yourself. I would definitely say take your time to recover from this and regroup yourself for your next opportunity to retake that test. If you feel as though you'd be ready in 6 months then go for it.

Once again I hope you feel much better about this.

Sadly, frustatingly failed stage 2. Failed the concentration test. My finger slipped a couple of times and pressed the green button when it shouldn't have, because the button is much more sensitive than I expected. Think that was what took me out. I'm so angry at myself. Got one more chance in six months time, but to fall at such a hurdle due to basically slipping on a banana peel is monumentally frustrating.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash1984

You get head phones to put on. The beeps you hear I believe go from ear to ear. As you click the button on hearing the beep it changes ear and test your hearing in the other. I remember the woman saying that once you click the button the beep will then get lower and lower (if you hear it right) in volume.

Thanks Driver73

Sadly, frustatingly failed stage 2. Failed the concentration test. My finger slipped a couple of times and pressed the green button when it shouldn't have, because the button is much more sensitive than I expected. Think that was what took me out. I'm so angry at myself. Got one more chance in six months time, but to fall at such a hurdle due to basically slipping on a banana peel is monumentally frustrating.
Sorry ...I know that feeling man

Dru

Hi dont know if this has been asked/answered before but just want to know how long does it take to get a job offer from the 1st assessment If your successful

Scef

Hi dont know if this has been asked/answered before but just want to know how long does it take to get a job offer from the 1st assessment If your successful

You still have 2 assessment, DMI and medical to do after 1st assessment.

I applied in November/December and just started training last week.

Kay_M

Morning All

I know I've written this in another thread somewhere. With regards to the DFFT is the real test similar to the practice material or a bit harder on the day?

ninhog

When I did my concentration test, there was one occasion when I was applying too much pressure to the button and pressed it by mistake. Stupidly, I then did exactly the same thing immediately after.

It’s easy to do, especially after you’ve sat for so long staring at that grey square...

up1989

I heard back about 4 days ago for an invite to stage 1 on the first of October. Does anyone know my enhanced pass from mtr stage 1 will meet the arl pass mark?

Kay_M

I heard back about 4 days ago for an invite to stage 1 on the first of October. Does anyone know my enhanced pass from mtr stage 1 will meet the arl pass mark?

I believe it should be fine as Arriva Rail London also does enhanced testing.

mresh91

Anybody heard back about their application??
No email from them at all

Same here, not a peep. I've never had any luck with them even from before, will be a miracle if I ever do hear back from them. Not holding my breath...

It will. If ARL have any additional tests then you'll have to sit them as well, but your MTR enhanced results are valid and qualify.

DMcq2010

Just email them back, I sat enhanced with freightliner and they qualified, however there are 2 tests that freightliner do as a pre sift online which I need to go and sit in person. An SJT and the VSE. Just be safe and send them your details to confirm.

DA1

Anyone who applied for NXG from the recent July advert heard anything further yet? Obviously its railway recruitment so I wouldn't be surprised if you haven’t.

Also just out of interest has any who applied for WIJ got any further?

GoTTi

Anyone who applied for NXG from the recent July advert heard anything further yet? Obviously its railway recruitment so I wouldn't be surprised if you haven’t.

I received an email yesterday inviting me to attend Stage 1 Assessment for New Cross Gate.

up1989

Just email them back, I sat enhanced with freightliner and they qualified, however there are 2 tests that freightliner do as a pre sift online which I need to go and sit in person. An SJT and the VSE. Just be safe and send them your details to confirm.

Ah right so you’ve done the vse and sjt online and you still have to go in person to do them again? Do you have to go to the opc up Watford to do them?

DMcq2010

Ah right so you’ve done the vse and sjt online and you still have to go in person to do them again? Do you have to go to the opc up Watford to do them?
I did the SJT M7 this tuesday in the arriva headquarters in swiss cottage if I pass that I will have to go to stage 2 to sit the VSE which would be in watford at the OPC.

up1989

I did the SJT M7 this tuesday in the arriva headquarters in swiss cottage if I pass that I will have to go to stage 2 to sit the VSE which would be in watford at the OPC.

I wonder if I were to fail the situational judgement if it would affect my mtr application which I’m waiting for a DMI date.

DMcq2010

I asked this when I was there on Tuesday and the OPC lady said my original online pass would still stand as a pass. I think the SJT is subjective anyway to the company applying. The thing I would be most worried about would be the VSE. I'd say if you have any doubt just contact the OPC for advice before going any further.

up1989

I asked this when I was there on Tuesday and the OPC lady said my original online pass would still stand as a pass. I think the SJT is subjective anyway to the company applying. The thing I would be most worried about would be the VSE. I'd say if you have any doubt just contact the OPC for advice before going any further.
Did you still have to sit the m7sje? When you were there?

Joel G0URK

I applied for Willesden and got the standard rejection e-mail with no reason as to why. Perhaps because I live in Chelmsford which is too far away but if they had asked about location I would have explained my aunt lives around the corner who I could stay with for concurrent shifts. Oh well I have other closer to home applications running, trying for a complete career change.

up1989

Hello all, has anyone gone through to DMI, if so any tips on what to expect?

GeniusB

I applied for WIJ not heard anything at all mate.

Ali94

Hi All,

I've got a first assessment centre coming up on 14.10.19, can anyone give me any hints and tips and what/which tests I can expect on the day and what they might look like on the day.

Techno77

Hi All,

I've got a first assessment centre coming up on 14.10.19, can anyone give me any hints and tips and what/which tests I can expect on the day and what they might look like on the day.
Everything you are asking has already been described and covered on this and other threads.
Make some effort and scroll up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.