• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saracen_83

I applied last night, so fingers crossed that I get through!!! Not holding my breath though as I want to be a train driver a tad too much!!!! Lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saracen_83

Me2!!! I’m not banking on hearing before Christmas!!! But doesn’t stop the excitement!

baz962

Established Member
There are current drivers based at Willesden tmd that live out in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire to name just a few. As long as you can get in for the early starts 4am ish and get home after the late finishes, 130am ish by car or public transport. (Thameslink run 24/7 for example.)

Hope you are right mate i am in beds, however on their website it says the first thing we look at is how far from depot the applicant is .

TTDARL

Hope you are right mate i am in beds, however on their website it says the first thing we look at is how far from depot the applicant is .

Baz962.

I’m coming to the end of my trainee train driver course with ARL. Several on my course and on the course ahead and course behind live in the shires mentioned above..... all of whom lived there at the time of applying...

Saracen_83

Baz962.

I’m coming to the end of my trainee train driver course with ARL. Several on my course and on the course ahead and course behind live in the shires mentioned above..... all of whom lived there at the time of applying...

How are you finding the training????

TTDARL

Definitely not easy. Lots to learn, and retain. Not only theory wise but, the actual driving and the route learning / knowledge. Have to commit yourself to learning and revising plenty including in your own time.

TTDARL

We all have ups and downs. But many have achieved it so it’s achievable with hard work and motivation. It’s worth it in the end. I now have my required driving hours and have completed all of the theory modules. Now back with a driving instructor until I get a final assessment week date later this month.

baz962

Established Member
We all have ups and downs. But many have achieved it so it’s achievable with hard work and motivation. It’s worth it in the end. I now have my required driving hours and have completed all of the theory modules. Now back with a driving instructor until I get a final assessment week date later this month.

Cool good luck mate I passed all the physcometrics to enhanced with gtr but failed dmi so maybe i will be joining you lol.

Teddyward

I too have applied for this. For new cross hopefully, Willesden bit too far for a commute for me. Best of luck to all applicants.

TTDARL

Cool good luck mate I passed all the physcometrics to enhanced with gtr but failed dmi so maybe i will be joining you lol.

Baz962

Never say never... gota be in it to win it eh...
Good luck.

Johnny Depot

1 position? Do you think that's a mistake? Wouldn't that be quite a lot of investment both in time and money recruiting only 1 person?

greatkingrat

Established Member
Every time they advertise it says 1 vacancy, it is just because they don't know the exact numbers they require yet, but it will certainly be a lot more than 1!

Johnny Depot

Every time they advertise it says 1 vacancy, it is just because they don't know the exact numbers they require yet, but it will certainly be a lot more than 1!
Thanks for clarifying. From past experience is anyone aware of the usual intake?

cpearl

Hi all, my first post.!I applied with Abellio Greater Anglia for a trainee train driver position in my home-town Jan this year, my assessment score was not high enough in order to get me onto the first stage of driver assessments but on the career page it says my application is still in progress. I was told by HR that they will work their way down the list but I still haven't heard anything. I live approx 40 miles (1 hr commute) from Willesden. If I apply for this position will it jeopardise my Abellio Greater Anglia application? Thanks.

Saracen_83

Hi all, my first post.!I applied with Abellio Greater Anglia for a trainee train driver position in my home-town Jan this year, my assessment score was not high enough in order to get me onto the first stage of driver assessments but on the career page it says my application is still in progress. I was told by HR that they will work their way down the list but I still haven't heard anything. I live approx 40 miles (1 hr commute) from Willesden. If I apply for this position will it jeopardise my Abellio Greater Anglia application? Thanks.

Well I’ve applied for this job, the greater Anglia depot driver and SWR trainee train driver role so I certainly hope not!!!!

Edit: sorry misread your post! No idea!!

Barry K

Well, just applied for this, and for SWT Woking a few weeks back. Fingers crossed....

Status
Not open for further replies.