• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skoodle

Is being a train driver means your working in a fast paced environment? It's only you in the cab! Despite the trains travelling.

Driving along at 50mph when the vigilance goes off, at the same time a fault alarm goes off, then you are at your braking point for next station and oh, look a call coming through from the signaller. As you stop and release the doors a passenger activates the alarm. Yes that has happened to me before and if that isn't a fast paced environment I don't know what is!

RedAurora

Driving along at 50mph when the vigilance goes off, at the same time a fault alarm goes off, then you are at your braking point for next station and oh, look a call coming through from the signaller. As you stop and release the doors a passenger activates the alarm. Yes that has happened to me before and if that isn't a fast paced environment I don't know what is!
Oftentimes it's the ones who approach certain jobs thinking that its easy who end up struggling the hardest.

AJirde

Don't get me wrong there, what I meant was how office workers for example traders go about their duties in a frantic manner. I don't think being responsible for all those lives as something easy. But thanks for insight Skoodle

scabek

Does anyone know how long is the ARL training course? I know MTR average around 7-8month.

theking

32 weeks atm may but may increase to 35 when class 710 comes if you're a Willesden trainee.

scabek

Thanks that’s reasonable length of time. Yes new traction will add time onto the schedule....despite the intensive work patterns, still can’t argue with the overall package on offer. What about the company’s corporate culture? Friendly or “hateful” towards drivers?

Ibra

Hey , new to here just wanted to know does anyone have any idea of how many people arriva recruit . And also what do they look for in your CV, application etc. Thanks

Ibra

the 'thanks but no thanks' e-mails are coming. if you haven't received one, you're still in the game..
Lol , I just applied for the new post ? The one that closed on the 20th of November 2017 . People have already started getting the thanks but no thanks email?

Unlucky mate - thanks for the update. Were you within a commutable distance?
at a push, i could walk to new cross... application was almost a copy and paste of the one that has got me to test stage with gtr....Southeastern my last fire iron in the fire..

Barry K

the 'thanks but no thanks' e-mails are coming. if you haven't received one, you're still in the game..
Out of interest, what time did yours come? I just checked my e-mail, and scared myself. The notification e-mail for this thread reply came up, with Arriva Rail on it.....

Out of interest, what time did yours come? I just checked my e-mail, and scared myself. The notification e-mail for this thread reply came up, with Arriva Rail on it.....
lol, chill mate, yesterday. as i said, if you aint got one, you're still in the game..all the best

Barry K

lol, chill mate, yesterday. as i said, if you aint got one, you're still in the game..all the best

i know, I should be reading things a little better, but had a rough shift, dispatching to a lot of avoidable incidents, and now I'm transitioning to late turn. Thanks though!

Saracen_83

Thanks that’s reasonable length of time. Yes new traction will add time onto the schedule....despite the intensive work patterns, still can’t argue with the overall package on offer. What about the company’s corporate culture? Friendly or “hateful” towards drivers?

Intensive work patten??? Please explain???

Yes the job requires you to be at your best at all times, and the knowledge and regs are huge, but I’m unsure by that “intense Work patten”??

scabek

Intensive work patten??? Please explain???

Yes the job requires you to be at your best at all times, and the knowledge and regs are huge, but I’m unsure by that “intense Work patten”??

Intensive as in the nature of ARL train service, busy metro service, lots of stops for every shifts like LU

Saracen_83

Yea heard the amount of stops for a shift is meant to be high, but very well remunerated, seems to have good holiday (8 weeks?? According to aslef site) and the fact it a job we all want, we can’t complain!!!

Sifyu

It'll take some time I think. They had the recruitment campaign open for quite a while so they must be sifting through quite a bucketload!

Good luck to all! Though I reckon any additional passers will just be thrown into the infinite pool.

Barry K

I've heard nothing, although there are a couple of us that have noticed that in our status on the recruitment website, it lists the job in the applied for list, but, in my case, says the last application was in April 2016, when I applied to work on-station at West Croydon. Has anyone else had this phenomenon (do-dooo de doo-doo)????

scabek

Friend of mine is invited to stage 1 assessment on 5th Dec after the online application + sneaky SJT. I think I applied on the 15th Nov or something

Status
Not open for further replies.