• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DA1

I was told recently they recruit twice a year so bearing in mind the last campaign was July make sure you get in quick. Very competitive. I’ve got my stage 2 coming up for this role.

Good luck all.

Emz

I can’t seem to upload my CV. Is anybody else having issues? I’m on an iPad.

OneLowban

Can’t find the vacancy. They’ve probably taken it down

Under the heading ‘Search Openings’, click on the ‘search’ button and it shall appear.

I can’t seem to upload my CV. Is anybody else having issues? I’m on an iPad.

Not sure if it’s the reason for your problems but I would always use a computer if possible for applying.

Emz

Under the heading ‘Search Openings’, click on the ‘search’ button and it shall appear.

Not sure if it’s the reason for your problems but I would always use a computer if possible for applying.
Yep I’ve gone onto a laptop. Thanks for your reply

Sammy2019

Thanks for the heads up mate I’ve applied.

does anyone know how strict they are on locations? It says on the website that you must live within an hour of the depot. Depending on the time I travel and route I take it could be anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half a according to google maps.

TBDDesiro

I’ve applied hopefully better than July opening (paper sift rejection).

on another note anyone notice the email comes from “invalidemail.com”?

mresh91

on another note anyone notice the email comes from “invalidemail.com”?

That's just a generic handle the database uses when sending out bulk e-mails.

PlexiDriver

Applied. I did apply in the July one but since then I've sat my psychometric and passed so hopefully that helps a little!

TW3M

Cheers for that.. application has gone in however I’m exactly a hour travelling time away which could obviously change throughout the day.. worth a shot I guess let’s wait and see!

Teddyward

Stuck one in. First time failed vse. Second time didn’t get a reply even for sift. Third time lucky lol?

Quin79

I've put my name in the hat for this one too. I'm not sure how rigid they are on the 1 hour travel time stipulation. I'm about 7 mins out of the 1hr from Willesden and 9 mins out from the New Cross Gate. I did put however that am going through divorce so will be moving soon and will ensure will move to meet the criteria.....time will tell

OneLowban

It’s not letting me apply -___-
Can’t find a button that says apply
- Click link
- Scroll down to under the ‘search openings’ heading
- Click search
- Choose location
- Scroll down and click ‘apply for this position’

I can see that on my mobile so you should be seeing it with those steps above.

Jaytrains

- Click link
- Scroll down to under the ‘search openings’ heading
- Click search
- Choose location
- Scroll down and click ‘apply for this position’

I can see that on my mobile so you should be seeing it with those steps above.

Thanks

i clicked on “Add to jobs” because i logged in already so it cane out different

Lenny_U

Hi everyone, I have also applied for Willesden Green depot. Last year I went for Crossrail, but failed my DMI in October and I was told I could apply again in 6 months. How does it work though? Do they count 6 months from when you first applied for job or from when you failed? I first applied for Crossrail in May last year. Can anyone help? I applied with Arriva anyway, hoping 6 months would be counted from when I first applied with Crossrail.

Teddyward

Hi everyone, I have also applied for Willesden Green depot. Last year I went for Crossrail, but failed my DMI in October and I was told I could apply again in 6 months. How does it work though? Do they count 6 months from when you first applied for job or from when you failed? I first applied for Crossrail in May last year. Can anyone help? I applied with Arriva anyway, hoping 6 months would be counted from when I first applied with Crossrail.
The DMI does not count as a fail for other companies.

OneLowban

The 6 months is counted from the fail.

But yes, as above, DMIs only count for that TOC so you are fine to apply for Arriva.

It’s only the psychometric tests that you have to wait 6 months to do again, regardless of TOC.

Celrocks

Hi guys

Has anyone got any reply or any email after applying . I applied but haven’t got any confirmation email. Is it normal or did I do something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.