• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom ivv

Hi, I already asked that question earlier and I've been told yes you do.
I'm in the same boat lol, passed tests with Crossrail but failed DMI
I read your question but I thought you were referring to pass/fail. I think you still have to do SJT and VSE again. But that's not to bad anyways.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theking

SJT and VSE are done under exam conditions so you'll have to attend stage one and two still.

Jaytrains

ARL. Are already replying to people that’s actually quick...

and i think they check the online sjt first and pass/fail you based on your Answers, then they will look at your cv etc..

bruebunny

I haven't heard anything yet. Not sure if I can even really apply for this one. I failed my last assessment just under 6 months ago...the time expires on the 5th of March. Figured they would take long enough that my fail date would pass, but if they are already working through the applications, I might not be so lucky.

Cassy j

i applied for the willesdon depo would it be possible to swap my application to new cross gate and if so when should I tell them?

Jaytrains

i applied for the willesdon depo would it be possible to swap my application to new cross gate and if so when should I tell them?

Maybe once they invite u over for assessments and pass them all

Also at the bottom of the application they asked if u want to apply for both depots or only one

And has anyone heard anything?

Cassy j

Maybe once they invite u over for assessments and pass them all

Also at the bottom of the application they asked if u want to apply for both depots or only one

And has anyone heard anything?

thanks, no response for me yet

venom ivv

Does anyone remember how long they said they would take to get back to people?
2 weeks to 4 weeks right?

KingD

I think it said can take as long as 4 weeks to 4 months,

But I know people that work for TFL that had a reply after 1 week, for assessment at end of March

MelTD@CFT

I've been invited to attend the Stage 1 assessment. When I replied that I had passed all the tests at enhanced level in 2019, I was told I won't be able to attend these anymore? Surely the OPC results from my previous assessments are transferable?

baz962

Established Member
I've been invited to attend the Stage 1 assessment. When I replied that I had passed all the tests at enhanced level in 2019, I was told I won't be able to attend these anymore? Surely the OPC results from my previous assessments are transferable?
Should be , unless they weren't high enough for Arriva . If they were then you wouldn't attend them , as you already done them . Always a possibility that they could wait and give you an interview.

MelTD@CFT

Should be , unless they weren't high enough for Arriva . If they were then you wouldn't attend them , as you already done them . Always a possibility that they could wait and give you an interview.
Definitely passed them at enhanced level. Very odd reply from Arriva.

baz962

Established Member
Definitely passed them at enhanced level. Very odd reply from Arriva.
Yes but different toc's have different levels of enhanced I believe. But then why is it odd . If you passed and they are good enough, then of course you won't attend an assessment day . They could be checking your scores to decide whether to interview you.

Northernboy

The same thing happened to me but when I explained that I had passed both assessment stages with them last year I was told they would get back to me with a date for DMI “once they have more availability”.
Have you asked for further clarification?

DoormanTriggs

Yes but different toc's have different levels of enhanced I believe. But then why is it odd . If you passed and they are good enough, then of course you won't attend an assessment day . They could be checking your scores to decide whether to interview you.
That’s not necessarily true I passed all my tests and DMI
Arriva Rail London are recruiting for trainees.

It's on the old Arriva portal, not the DB one:
http://www.arrivaraillondon.co.uk/careers/vacancies

Vacancies are at Willesden and New Cross Gate.

Good luck.

Thanks! Went to apply and it’s not there At all why get peoples hopes up ?

Nevergiveup

It was posted on beginning of Feb and you went to apply a month later. Obviously it’s not there anymore lol

That’s not necessarily true I passed all my tests and DMI

Thanks! Went to apply and it’s not there At all why get peoples hopes up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.