• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucephalus

Unfortunately you’re not wrong. We (I work for ARL) got an email from our union rep this evening detailing various amendments to our working from this weekend. They added that all recruitment had been cancelled and that timetable uplifts planned for this year they had requested to be delayed until next year. So sorry if this affects anyone here.

Do you think there's a possibility that the same thing might have contributed to me not getting the driver job with Tramlink? Just say yes, it will make me feel better

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

patwreynolds

Has anyone who was on the stage 1 assessment on 12th March had a response either way yet? Appreciate we are unlikely to hear due to the current climate but just wanted to check...!

N.Sim

Has anyone who was on the stage 1 assessment on 12th March had a response either way yet? Appreciate we are unlikely to hear due to the current climate but just wanted to check...!

Hi. I had assessment with Arriva on 12th (stage 1), haven’t heard anything either.

Anyone know any info? It’s past 10 working days now.

patwreynolds

Hi. I had assessment with Arriva on 12th (stage 1), haven’t heard anything either.

Anyone know any info? It’s past 10 working days now.
Heard back just now via email - passed stage one which is good but all recruitment now on hold until further notice so they’ll be in contact when the situation changes

Bucephalus

Heard back just now via email - passed stage one which is good but all recruitment now on hold until further notice so they’ll be in contact when the situation changes

Well done!

Are some people still waiting for an invite to stage 1 or is that just me?

patwreynolds

Personally I did the group bourdon and the SJT as I’d already passed the others previously. The other 2 tests being run on the day were the DFFT and one other (attention test but can’t remember the term for it!)

Aftv49

Personally I did the group bourdon and the SJT as I’d already passed the others previously. The other 2 tests being run on the day were the DFFT and one other (attention test but can’t remember the term for it!)

Cheers for letting me know mate!

Are you an internal candidate? I applied for the position at New Cross Gate but haven’t heard anything from the recruitment team. It’s been 2 months. I guess I must’ve been unsuccessful at the paper sift.

Fancythis

Are you an internal candidate? I applied for the position at New Cross Gate but haven’t heard anything from the recruitment team. It’s been 2 months. I guess I must’ve been unsuccessful at the paper sift.
Has anybody heard anything that is neither internal or had already done assessments with another TOC?

Aftv49

Has anybody heard anything that is neither internal or had already done assessments with another TOC?

I have passed my assessments with another TOC and haven’t heard anything. Perhaps it’s to do with the depot you applied for. I know ARL are probably the only TOC to use VSE, SJT and DFFT, along with the other psychometric tests.

With the current climate being as it is now, Im assuming all recruitment is on hold for now.

patwreynolds

External candidate - I’ve applied for the Willesden depot - not sure if that makes a difference or not!

Aftv49

I received an email from recruitment stating that they have received my application and are still reviewing it. But due to Covid-19, all recruitment is on hold. They will resume shifting through applications once the pandemic has eased.

argonaut56d

Morning all. My son just received an email saying they have a course planned to start on 22nd June. And he will be on it if it goes ahead. Obviously dependant on the current situation.

But at least it’s a date!

Melonoik

Morning all. My son just received an email saying they have a course planned to start on 22nd June. And he will be on it if it goes ahead. Obviously dependant on the current situation.

But at least it’s a date!
Congratulations.

Yes. It's been confirmed 22nd June.

My start date has been moved from 27th April to 1st June and now 22nd June.

argonaut56d

Congratulations.

Yes. It's been confirmed 22nd June.

My start date has been moved from 27th April to 1st June and now 22nd June.

Same course! He was originally told start of June.

As I said to him, you have a date to work to now. It may not be then, but it is something.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.