• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylievie

Hi guys, recently accepted a position with arriva rail as a trainee driver.

I just had few questions regarding the training If anyone knows. Basically I just wanted to know about the uniform situation and how soon into training do you get that. And in regards to the placement as I understand you dont get the employee travel benefits until after a month so am going to buy a season ticket, initially I was going to just do a point to point one but I'll incorporate a travel card if I am likely to be visiting depots in the first 4 weeks. ( I do have use of a car too)

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fixie

Hi, you get your rail pass on day one.
Keep your ticket from the first day’s travel as they will reimburse you.
You will get your uniform within 2 weeks.

baz962

Established Member
When I started with them , I got my reciprocal pass in the post , about four weeks before I started. I got my oyster on the first or second day . Priv came around three weeks and uniform in the first week.

Rylievie

What would you suggest to wear on first days training? I know it says smart casual but dont want to show up rocking black jeans and a polo if I'm going to be under dressed.

RBSN

What would you suggest to wear on first days training? I know it says smart casual but dont want to show up rocking black jeans and a polo if I'm going to be under dressed.

Come dressed smart-casual until you get your uniform. You’ll be meeting your DTM and other note-worthy people in those few weeks so best dress with some pride

Status
Not open for further replies.