• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva trainee train driver 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritneySpears

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a new thread for the Arriva trainee train driver positions that have just been advertised (April 2016)

From what I understand after the sifting stage it goes:

Phone Interview

Manager Interview

Assessments

HR Interview

Medical

Employment

Anyway I wish everyone the best of luck progressing through the stages and to use this forum to pass on any advice they can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Themob

The roles were live for only a few days, such was the volume of applications.
I pity those who were leaving their application until the weekend .

RBSN

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a new thread for the Arriva trainee train driver positions that have just been advertised (April 2016)

From what I understand after the sifting stage it goes:

Phone Interview

Manager Interview

Assessments

HR Interview

Medical

Employment

Anyway I wish everyone the best of luck progressing through the stages and to use this forum to pass on any advice they can.

I've never had a phone interview.

Application

Sifting stage

First interview

Assessment centre and MMI interview

Medical

Job offer?

LR18

I've applied for this role, so have a few others on this forum. I'm itching to get the phone call to find out if I'm through to the next stage :D

LR18

Sorry I didn't realise there were multiple vacancies. I applied for south Wales, valleys lines.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

RefLeaf92

I've applied to, for the South Wales Valley lines. I'd like to know how many applied and how many vacancies are available.

CharlieChops

My best friend has just been through the train driver process, he is currently awaiting his medical date. It's not listed here but he has been emailed a link from 'stirling back check' asking for all his details regarding a employment background check for employment with ATW. He is unsure if it is a spoof as it has not come from Arriva. does anyone have any answers?

BritneySpears

Sorry, I should've put South Wales in the title but all applicants welcome.

Thats good new about the phone interview.. one less hurdle. Anyone here already passed their assessments or some of them?

1600 is alot but I imagine sifting gets rid of about 95% of those.

LR18

I would phone arriva and ask them. Sounds dodgy though.

Nick82

Arriva Trains and Northern are two separate companies within Arriva. When it comes to recruitment one will do things slightly different than the other especially on the recruitment side of things. The list mentioned at the start of this post if different for candidates applying for vacancies within Northen so should really not be compared with one and another. Arriva Northern is not the correct name for the company, it's Arriva rail north which is running a rebranded franchise under the name Northern. I hope this held and clears any confusion

LR18

What was posted in the OP is the procedure for arriva trains Wales recruitment then??

ComUtoR

Established Member
Yeah and the rest lol ;)

Christ your old (as I am too) ! I haven't heard that phrase since I was a youngster !

I assume there is something amiss with the posters response ?

RefLeaf92

I'd like to think that we may hear something back this week especially if Arriva have plans to have people in training by August.

I know all too well these things take a long time but to have people in a position to begin training in August means that they must have dates etc already arranged, it's just about letting people know.

Anyone know what Arriva are generally like with recruitment? Fast paced...

red2005

Christ your old (as I am too) ! I haven't heard that phrase since I was a youngster !

I assume there is something amiss with the posters response ?

Ha I know!! I feel it as well lol.

I'd be VERY surprised if it was only 1600 applicants (mad 1600 applicants and I'm using the word only lol ) just seems a low figure for today's applications.

We had 2500 applicants for our intake.

craigybagel

Established Member
I think 1600 might be the point it gets cut off - it was only advertised for a few days!

LR18

I think 1600 might be the point it gets cut off - it was only advertised for a few days!
If I remember rightly I think it went live Monday and was reminded Thursday the same week.

RefLeaf92

Don't suppose anyone has had any updates on their application yet? I for one, haven't had mine update.

LR18

Says their still shortlisting on the website.

LR18

Says their still shortlisting on the website?

LR18

No I haven't even had a phone call or email from them. When I check the website it says their still shortlisting for the vacancy.

Are we both talking about the same vacancy? I applied for South Wales.

RBSN

No I haven't even had a phone call or email from them. When I check the website it says their still shortlisting for the vacancy.

Are we both talking about the same vacancy? I applied for South Wales.

No, I'm talking about Leeds.

LR18

Lol you got me worried then mate haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.