• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trainee Train Driver Stage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghuraba

Hi all,

I been invited to Stage 1 of the assessment for TTD at Arriva. This assessment session will include two concentration tests, a fault finding test and a situational judgement test.

Can someone share light on what the two concentration tests will be please. My assessment is on Friday.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oggs

My advice is use the practice materials sent and practice practice practice so that you get your head around the tests.
GB wasn't sent but you can download from this site and again practice practice practice.

Good luck with the assessment.
There are a few threads about Arriva and should answer any other questions you have.

Unknockable

Hi all,

I been invited to Stage 1 of the assessment for TTD at Arriva. This assessment session will include two concentration tests, a fault finding test and a situational judgement test.

Can someone share light on what the two concentration tests will be please. My assessment is on Friday.

Cheers
For the group bourdon I thought I done really well when I git invited earlier in the year for the arriva trainee train driver vacancy. I made two mistakes which I corrected during the test. It wasn’t good enough. To pass that you have to be flawless, NO Mistakes

pc131313

For the group bourdon I thought I done really well when I git invited earlier in the year for the arriva trainee train driver vacancy. I made two mistakes which I corrected during the test. It wasn’t good enough. To pass that you have to be flawless, NO Mistakes
You can make mistakes, but very few and you have to do a certain amount of lines too. It’s about accuracy but requires some speed!

bruebunny

Hi all,

Cheers

I never got my specific results back but passed to enhanced standard with Arriva. The only advice I can give is download the group bourdon test, print them out and do them on paper. You need to be fast but accurate, so find your happy medium between the two.
Do a bunch of tests and find out which technique works for you. I tried scanning the paper in a bunch of different styles until I found the one that guaranteed I was fast but wasn't missing any.

The Tea-Occ is not too bad. The examples you will find online are much harder than the ones in the test. You have to do it in silence, with hands under the table, but I just used my fingers to keep track and that worked fine for me.
Good luck.

Ghuraba

I never got my specific results back but passed to enhanced standard with Arriva. The only advice I can give is download the group bourdon test, print them out and do them on paper. You need to be fast but accurate, so find your happy medium between the two.
Do a bunch of tests and find out which technique works for you. I tried scanning the paper in a bunch of different styles until I found the one that guaranteed I was fast but wasn't missing any.

The Tea-Occ is not too bad. The examples you will find online are much harder than the ones in the test. You have to do it in silence, with hands under the table, but I just used my fingers to keep track and that worked fine for me.
Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it. Could you tell me what you exactly do on the TEA OC please. I know the Group Bourdon is crossing out the dots that have 4.

Kay_M

For the group bourdon test how many minutes are you timed for per page?

Mina

Hi all,

Cheers
Hey!

Just joined.

In exactly the same spot and have my first assessment on Tuesday.

Was told that I would get the exact same tests that you mentioned.

Wondering if you have done them and what to expect?

Thanks

Mina

Dru

Hey!

Just joined.

In exactly the same spot and have my first assessment on Tuesday.

Was told that I would get the exact same tests that you mentioned.

Wondering if you have done them and what to expect?

Thanks

Mina
Hi i have mine end of the month. How did you get on and is there any advise you can give me?

Kay_M

Morning All

To my understanding from what I've read on here Arriva does the DFFT as a part of their assessment. Is the practice material similar to the real thing or harder?

bruebunny

I found the dfft test to be a little bit more difficult in the actual test, but not by a lot. It's not too bad really.

Kay_M

Also how many lines do you need to aim for in order to pass to the enhanced standard for Arriva?

Status
Not open for further replies.