• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains WAG EXPRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAINLINCS

Was looking forward to trying out this 1st Class dining service from Cardiff to Bangor midweek in June but notice that no advance tickets are available after early April. Are 1st advance fares being discontinued on this train or are they not released until close to travel date. Thanks to anyone who can help with this question.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
No idea, but there is a workaround according to BRFares - a First Class upgrade is available for £47.50 which with a £20 Advance (which you should be able to get) is cheaper than a First Advance at £73.

(Nothing in the T&Cs says you can't upgrade the Advance!)

rdwarr

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor?
A beautiful day, we had lunch on the way, and all for under, er, £68.

krus_aragon

Established Member
No idea, but there is a workaround according to BRFares - a First Class upgrade is available for £47.50 which with a £20 Advance (which you should be able to get) is cheaper than a First Advance at £73.

(Nothing in the T&Cs says you can't upgrade the Advance!)

Many moons ago, travelling on an advance ticket, I enquired about this on board, and was told I'd have to excess my advance ticket to a regular single , and then pay the first class supplement Arriva offer. Unsurprisingly, I chose to buy some food from the buffet instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.