• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamesBrown

Regarding the sign attached below, does anybody agree that the wording is incorrect.
For example my local station (Fairwater/FRW) only has card ticket machines. Reading the wording of the sign it suggests that if you do not buy a ticket from the machine you may have committed an offence.
It doesn't make reference to the fact that if you have an alternate payment method that is not accepted by the machine i.e. Cash/Rail travel vouchers that you can pay on board.

BswXbTNIgAMmVNX.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VisualAcid

Luckily this tends to be a moot point on Arriva, who pretty much always sell on board in Cardiff, one guard told me not to buy my full ticket because no one will check!

"Means to pay fare on demand" kind of covers it though?

MrJamesBrown

Luckily this tends to be a moot point on Arriva, who pretty much always sell on board in Cardiff, one guard told me not to buy my full ticket because no one will check!

"Means to pay fare on demand" kind of covers it though?

Yeah I agree with "Means to pay fare on demand," it just seems that one point contradicts the other.
I am having it out with ATW on twitter currently, but I am only getting stock answers back at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.