• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva UK new buses 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Javelin700

With wrightbus now having gone into administration, does anyone know what is likely to happen to the 28 streetlite and 13 streetdeck orders for Hemel Hempstead and Gillingham?

Robertj21a

On Moderation
With wrightbus now having gone into administration, does anyone know what is likely to happen to the 28 streetlite and 13 streetdeck orders for Hemel Hempstead and Gillingham?

It will depend on whatever the administrators achieve with the business, there's no significant staff left at Wrights and, presumably, many orders will not now be completed.

JL1

When are all the new StreetLites due to enter service at Hemel?

class387

Established Member
Got my first ride on a new Streetlite today. As predicted they are far too small for the 302.

spuddie

Got my first ride on a new Streetlite today. As predicted they are far too small for the 302.
No surprise there, it wouldn't need Mystic Meg to have predicted that one. I can't see how they ever thought replacing full size single deckers which often are decently loaded coming out of Hemel even in the middle of the day with short wheel based Streetlites was ever going to be a good one. My only hope was there would also be some longer wheel based ones like the white ones on loan for the 300/302.

Speaking of these routes does anyone know how it has been going since the 300/1 has been split in to the 300/1/2?

class387

Established Member
No surprise there, it wouldn't need Mystic Meg to have predicted that one. I can't see how they ever thought replacing full size single deckers which often are decently loaded coming out of Hemel even in the middle of the day with short wheel based Streetlites was ever going to be a good one. My only hope was there would also be some longer wheel based ones like the white ones on loan for the 300/302.

Speaking of these routes does anyone know how it has been going since the 300/1 has been split in to the 300/1/2?
The 302 seems very unreliable for me. While the end to end journey time has reduced, the turn around at WGC is only 5 minutes so it is actually worse.

plebb11

On Moderation
The short wheel streetlite was only on the 300/302, due to the driver taking out of the depot not an allocation. Not sure if the new streetlites will now arrive, but the white ones are now owned by arriva, no longer on loan.

KeithC

Arriva Yorkshire Streetdeck batch is 1560-77, only 1564/5/8/9/72-77 received & in service apart from 1576 wich is awaiting repairs after a collision with a car. Not known when (or if) remainder will arrive although they are believed to have all been completed

Pacerman99

Apparently (I don't think it has been confirmed yet though), Stevenage will still be getting the B8RLEs but with MCV bodywork. They had a stock example there a couple of weeks ago.

JL1

I have heard most but not all of Hemel Hempstead's new StreetLites have been delivered :)

spuddie

The short wheel streetlite was only on the 300/302, due to the driver taking out of the depot not an allocation. Not sure if the new streetlites will now arrive, but the white ones are now owned by arriva, no longer on loan.
Are you suggesting that a driver just decided to take out one of the new short streetlites rather than what he was supposed to?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Are you suggesting that a driver just decided to take out one of the new short streetlites rather than what he was supposed to?

I have certainly heard anecdotal evidence that on Arriva evening services in MK drivers often take what they feel like and nobody really cares about this. That would explain the hotch potch of vehicles you get in the evening compared with during the day. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened elsewhere too.

LazyGuy222

Arriva Yorkshire Streetdeck batch is 1560-77, only 1564/5/8/9/72-77 received & in service apart from 1576 wich is awaiting repairs after a collision with a car. Not known when (or if) remainder will arrive although they are believed to have all been completed

A bus brand new had an accident? Dear god Arriva, honestly.

Cesarcollie

A bus brand new had an accident? Dear god Arriva, honestly.

What? Sadly bus drivers have accidents, and sometimes they are at fault. Training them to crash only old buses, and not new ones, is something the industry hasn’t yet mastered, and Arriva is no exception.....

cnjb8

Established Member
Apparently, the BD20 Wright StreetLites Totals have just received were intended for Arriva.

jammy36

Any translation available ?

I think the original message was meant to say that the BD20xxx registered Streetlites with Rotala were originally offered for/were intended for Arriva, but the dreaded autocorrect thought it knew best.

I've no idea if this is true, but note there are references on Flickr to these buses having Arriva spec interior. Seemingly some have orange and some white LED destinations, suggesting they weren't a custom order.

Pat1105

Optare Solo's. Due to Derby Clean Air Zones.

I think Arriva are only investing in new fleet for the UK where they have too.
The solos are being cascaded to other depots. Telford and Shrewsbury both had a load last year. Shrewsbury will probably end up with more to replace the 4 60xx council liveries solos that are there.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
The solos are being cascaded to other depots. Telford and Shrewsbury both had a load last year. Shrewsbury will probably end up with more to replace the 4 60xx council liveries solos that are there.
Depending on what the Council want to do as I believe they still own the vehicles in question.

The Derby Solos also found homes at Cannock and Thurmaston.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I have certainly heard anecdotal evidence that on Arriva evening services in MK drivers often take what they feel like and nobody really cares about this. That would explain the hotch potch of vehicles you get in the evening compared with during the day. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened elsewhere too.
Arriva in MK drivers on late turns keep their bus from their afternoon piece as the breaks can be quite short and saves time swapping buses over. In some circumstances there is no need to go back to the depot. So for instance a 5/6 branded SB200 can easily end up on 1/2 or 8 at night.

Pat1105

Depending on what the Council want to do as I believe they still own the vehicles in question.

The Derby Solos also found homes at Cannock and Thurmaston.
I’m not sure whether Arriva or the Council own them. You’d have thought that being council owned and liveried buses would be allocated to their subsidised services, however I regularly see them on the 1, 11, 24, 25 which aren’t subsidised.

Sprinter150

I’m not sure whether Arriva or the Council own them. You’d have thought that being council owned and liveried buses would be allocated to their subsidised services, however I regularly see them on the 1, 11, 24, 25 which aren’t subsidised.
According to UK Buses, they are on loan from the council (see screenshot below).

1591559569744.png

Status
Not open for further replies.