• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva's West-Mids Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Does anyone have any links or articles about it? It all seems to be going on in the background. I know they're taking over a lot of Midland and Diamond's routes.

They seem to have brought in a lot of new and nearly-new buses, mostly from Leicester.

I note they've also opened a new garage in Wednesbury. Are they planning something bigger?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Does anyone have any links or articles about it? It all seems to be going on in the background. I know they're taking over a lot of Midland and Diamond's routes.

The routes are all tendered routes - http://www.centro.org.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.aspx?lID=7653&sID=4287 is your friend.

They seem to have brought in a lot of new and nearly-new buses, mostly from Leicester.

http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/index.html is the West Bromwich fleet amongst other depots within Arriva Midlands.

I note they've also opened a new garage in Wednesbury. Are they planning something bigger?

There are rumours that Arriva are looking at buying Rotala out. The depot is the old Petes Travel garage which is leased from GoAhead.

Ivo

Established Member
There are rumours that Arriva are looking at buying Rotala out

Oh dear God - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <(

If I had a list of personal nightmare scenarios, this would be #2 on the list. One is a bunch of muppets who can't do anything right, and the other is a bunch of muppets who can't do anything right unless someone else does it for them (and even then they try hard to negate that help)...

Anything but that. Please! :cry:

N.B.: Apologies in advance to Kermit and friends if they are offended by my use of the term "muppets".

MCW

they can bugger off nicking our buses. If they take too many away I will play merry hell with the idiots. we need more buses, not more being taken away.

Let me know if you get any DAF engined ELC Mylennium Lowlanders knocking about please, I like to keep a track of them for enthusiasts reasons.

overthewater

Established Member
I cant see Arriva buying them out, as there smallish company that could by some of the old First depots. If it did it would give them Preston.

Badger

Thanks everyone.

The 63 is a surprise. It's my local bus, and I use it occasionally, but always seem to be the only person on it, not sure why Arriva would want it.

they can bugger off nicking our buses.

I'm not sure how many, but the ones I've seen have been a couple of plaxton centros, a wrights gemini single, and quite a few dennis darts, all with Thurmaston printed on the side as the depot.

They also seem to be repainting the old cannock darts in the new livery, look much better.

MCW

I'm not sure how many, but the ones I've seen have been a couple of plaxton centros, a wrights gemini single, and quite a few dennis darts, all with Thurmaston printed on the side as the depot.

They also seem to be repainting the old cannock darts in the new livery, look much better.
yeah I had noticed the Centro's simply because they are used on my localish route and haven't seen many of then recently.

We won't miss the darts... Lol

dvboy

Established Member
Thanks everyone.

The 63 is a surprise. It's my local bus, and I use it occasionally, but always seem to be the only person on it, not sure why Arriva would want it.

This is the same 63/64 that goes to Penn also? I am confused. The document says the contract is from 22nd April but I have been on a 63 since then, and it was Midland.

It does explain the Arriva bus I saw operating the 82 last week.

Also notice the document doesn't mention the 256 evening journeys going back to NXWM, so presumably that isn't Centro sponsored anymore.

Badger

Yes, that 63/4. It's still Midland... the NWM website says the timetable is correct until 06/06/2012, but the 63 isn't mentioned in any of June's timetable changes, so really not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.