• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Art Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Hi all,

As part of my work in this thread, and in line with the requests made in this thread, with Administrator permission I am hereby holding an Art Competition!

Your challenge is to create the best possible appearance for a generic Villain-of-the-Day character. This character would be used as the default design for the biotic beings that form the front line of the Star Squadron's enemy, and would be recycled through the series. Not all biotic beings would take on this appearance, but even those that do not would derive their shape from the character you create.

Restrictions:

• You may use any program you wish, or indeed you may make the character by hand, but it must be submitted as a .png file if at all possible.
• The character must have a humanoid appearance that is neither overtly male nor overtly female.
• The character must have a minimum height of 256 pixels and a maximum height of 640 pixels.
• Colour is entirely optional; however, if you do not use colour, you must specify in writing what colours are to be used.
• The character must not be based on an existing design of any sort. You may use such designs as a starting point where permitted by Law.
• No extra appendages may be included. This is to ensure later equipment etc can be added as necessary.
• You may enter as many designs as you wish. However, you must inform me before the deadline if you do so; otherwise, only the first will count.

The deadline for this competition is 1800 on Monday, May 7th 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.

This competition is open to all members of the forum, including myself and the forum staff. It will be judged by means of a Poll once the deadline has passed, and in the event of a tie I will judge the winner (in the event that an entry of mine is the joint-leader, a member of staff who has not already voted and who does not have a drawing among those that are tied for first place will be asked to cast the deciding vote).

To upload a drawing, you should use one of the following three options:

• Upload the drawing to your personal Gallery space (ask if you are not sure how to do this)
• Upload the file as an attachment in this thread (keep in mind that others will be able to see your entry)
• Send the attachment to my personal e-mail address and I will upload it for you (my e-mail address is in my profile)

Should the project ever come to fruition the winner would have his or her name listed as a credit, probably under the title of "Original Concept Art", should they wish (in which case a real name would be required). Note that in entering this competition you agree to my using your drawing as promotion material for the series should it ever get that far, and also agree to me distributing the drawing if it should be necessary. In addition, you agree to allow me to contact you via the forum (or using other means if necessary) in relation to the drawing should it ever be necessary.

Once again: The deadline for this competition is 1800 on Monday, May 7th 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Happy drawing!

---------------------

16:20, Monday 7th May (100 minutes before the deadline): Cancelled due to lack of interest :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.