• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

As you are travelling within 5 days some delivery options will not be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

I was disappointed when trying to book tickets this morning via SWR and GWR online (via computer) that the only delivery option was via e-ticket. So when I added a plusbus, it could not complete the transaction.
I have no issue with e-tickets being a choice (I use them sometimes) but I do not want to be refused a sale because of it.
Is there a technical issue this morning, or is this just how it is now.
I will use TVM at the station, instead. Others of course might just not bother to travel by train!
(images show purchasing process on GWR and SWR web ticket

1631344069162.png

1631344037971.png
1631344008745.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class800

Established Member
This is strange - I have always been offered collect at station, no matter how close to the journey it is

bakerstreet

This is strange - I have always been offered collect at station, no matter how close to the journey it is
Yes me too, but this is the first time I've tried in a while. I can usually collect within seconds or minutes of making the purchase

Alex365Dash

I think there’s a restriction on journey planners preventing you from booking with ToD where the journey starts in the next 10 minutes?

Not sure if OP’s cut it that fine…

Class800

Established Member
Point taken, I've done it about 40 minutes before once but never closer, as the station is 20 minutes walk away

Haywain

Veteran Member
I was disappointed when trying to book tickets this morning via SWR and GWR online (via computer) that the only delivery option was via e-ticket. So when I added a plusbus, it could not complete the transaction.
Without knowing what you tried to purchase it is difficult to comment. Not all tickets are available for collection.

bakerstreet

I think there’s a restriction on journey planners preventing you from booking with ToD where the journey starts in the next 10 minutes?

Good point although in this instance my departure was about 30-40 mins away.

Alex365Dash

Are there any plans for that to change?
Considering the technical issues with eTicket key decryption on bus operators, I'd be surprised if there are.

PlusBus can be fulfilled to smartcard in some areas (mostly within Scotland and Sussex*), but how far that's expected to go remains to be seen.

*At the moment, looks to be PAYG only due to a "temporary problem" preventing smartcard fulfiment at TVMs.

alistairlees

Established Member

There's no restriction, except what a TIS (ticket issuing system) sets itself (a margin to allow for comms, or for fraud detection).

Haywain

Veteran Member
Considering the technical issues with eTicket key decryption on bus operators, I'd be surprised if there are.
I can’t see how that matters given that bus operators do not currently use the magnetic stripe data on CCST or the barcode on PRT. It’s just a matter of tweaking eTickets so that they accept them.

Alex365Dash

There's no restriction, except what a TIS (ticket issuing system) sets itself (a margin to allow for comms, or for fraud detection).
Ah right - I know SWR’s booking engine won’t let you use ToD within 10 minutes of travel, not sure about GWR’s.
I can’t see how that matters given that bus operators do not currently use the magnetic stripe data on CCST or the barcode on PRT. It’s just a matter of tweaking eTickets so that they accept them.
I guess so - maybe I’m just being cynical when I’m unsure as to whether bus companies are willing to accept tickets where the only security feature is a barcode they can’t scan (unlike CCST or PRT where the ticket stock itself is the security feature). But I guess tweaking eTickets could lead to something that might work, depending on what said tweaking looks like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.