• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ash Vale and North Camp - one station for ticketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

I hold a Ash Vale to London Zones 1-6 season ticket, via. Woking.

According to journey planners, you can do the following on such a day ticket:
Walk to North Camp
North Camp to Guildford
Guildford - London (Waterloo and Clapham Juction both give this route)

I've scoured the routeing guide, but I cannot see any way this would be valid.

Ash Vale is a routeing point, North Camp is in Ash Vale group. Ash Vale to London only has one set of maps WW+WX. WW takes you to Guildford, but there's no way to Woking and onto London from there.

Does anyone know if there are any local easements or such? The stations always appear to be treated by the journey planners as a single station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
I hold a Ash Vale to London Zones 1-6 season ticket, via. Woking.

According to journey planners, you can do the following on such a day ticket:
Walk to North Camp
North Camp to Guildford
Guildford - London (Waterloo and Clapham Juction both give this route)
Could you confirm what ticket the journey planners you tried offer you for this journey? I don't think there is a "day" version of an Ash Vale to London Zones 1-6 season ticket, via. Woking.

If it's actually offering a travelcard from North Camp, then the route you descrbe is only a little further than the shortest route to Waterloo, and is shown on the PD map.

If you'd like to know if the ticket you actually have is valid that way, then that's harder to work out. Going by the way nationalrail.co.uk deals with travelcards, a travelcard can use any valid route to a station in the travelcard area which meets any route restrictions it has. With a travelcard season ticket, what you'd need to check is if every bit of the rail journey you describe is part of at least one of these routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.