• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ashford / Hastings permitted Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

district

I'm setting off on the 1232 Southern service to Brighton, alighting at Hastings today. On the way back I want to deviate and not use this direct train.

This gives me more flexibility on leaving Hastings plus more mileage.

What permitted routes are available?

I'm a 16-25 Holder and I am returning same day (CDR).

District

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Ashford Intl is a RP
Hastings is part of Hastings Grp

Ashford to Hastings is valid on map CW which doesn't allow going via any other RP, only a direct route (or the shortest+3miles)

district

I was informed by one of the SS's at Ashford that Hastings to Tonbridge and Tonbridge to Ashford was valid?

SS4

Established Member
I was informed by one of the SS's at Ashford that Hastings to Tonbridge and Tonbridge to Ashford was valid?

I'm not sure since I don't know that part of the country well, I've just followed the routeing guide

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

Not sure what SS stands for, but the route is not valid. You can travel by direct trains, the shortest route, routes no longer than 3 miles further than the shortest route and mapped routes. In this case all of those equate to the Marshlink route and only that route.

John @ home

Established Member
The first station allowing you to return to Ashford via Tonbridge is Crowhurst.

Instead of your £6.75 Railcard CDR Ashford - Hastings, you would need a £8.80 Railcard CDR Ashford - Crowhurst route Any Permitted. (There is also a £7.90 Railcard CDR Ashford - Crowhurst route Hastings.)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I can remember on one occasion a few years beck during engineering work between Ashford and Tonbridge being allowed to travel to Tonbridge via Hastings.

Does anyone know whether a similar easement will be allowed during the forthcoming works in Ore tunnel ?

district

Sorry SS meaning Station Supervisor.
I asked a guard as well, and he said 'via London or Tonbridge is fine'.

Strange, eh? Then again he was an Eastbourne SN guard so wouldn't know the Hastings to Tonbridge SE service rules/regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.