• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ashford - Norwich & DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJRB

Established Member
My granfather and I are planning to take a trip up to Norwich in a couple of weeks time on a Saturday.

My plan is to use HS1 up to Stratford International, the DLR across to the regional station and then the 90 hauled service up to Norwich. Then on the return journey I intend to travel via Ely and Cambridge back to King's Cross (which appears to be a valid route according to the routeing guide).

We've got a Family & Friends railcard and so I think the best way of doing it would be an off peak day return which would be £48.25 all in all.

Will the ticket include cross London travel? i.e. will the ticket include travel on the DLR between Stratford International and Stratford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hmm, weren't ATOC looking into adding this interchange? I seem to recall this cropping up previously. I'll make some enquiries...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The walk between the 2 stations through Westfield is 5 mins !
You'd do very well to do that in 5 mins. Perhaps if you walked very fast (not an option for the OPs grandfather!) and went at a time that's quiet for shopping.

Platform to platform, 10 minutes is more realistic, but allow more if you're a slow walker.

calc7

Established Member
You'd do very well to do that in 5 mins. Perhaps if you walked very fast (not an option for the OPs grandfather!) and went at a time that's quiet for shopping.

Platform to platform, 10 minutes is more realistic.

The OP says they're travelling on a Saturday. From personal experience, Westfield is most certainly not quiet that day of the week!

TheJRB

Established Member

I'd happily walk it (although if it's still as busy as I think it was, happy might not be the right term) but my grandfather's opinion on the matter differs somewhat. ;)

thedbdiboy

Yes, it is allowed! Obviously a recent addition so not all lists of + stations everywhere may yet include it

All Line Rover

Established Member

5 minutes!? :lol: Even 10 minutes is pushing it. You have to wade through a sea of people!

Although I'm sure Westfield would love it if everyone was forced to walk through the shopping centre, for any rail journey involving an interchange at Stratford stations the DLR is a much better option.

Edvid

Established Member
A brisk walking interchange could be done in 5 minutes if you use the eastern entrance at Stratford International.

Status
Not open for further replies.