• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ashford to Otford News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
looking good, will be good to see the release! I can't comment on the juice rail's, I've never seen a 3rd rail!

Guinness

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
looking good, will be good to see the release! I can't comment on the juice rail's, I've never seen a 3rd rail!

3rd Rail is roughly the same as a regular rail. Except it carries high amounts of electricity through. :)

Tom B

Established Member
Chaz said:
HSTfan!!! said:

3rd Rail is roughly the same as a regular rail. Except it carries high amounts of electricity through. :)

And is nowhere as good as OHLE ;).

Tom B

Established Member
But not in terms of safety, speed or power.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I wouldn't think its that bad in terms of power, surely a class 373 is abit of a power guzzler? and in terms of safety - well you can't fly your kite into a 3rd rail can you now! :P

Tom B

Established Member
Why would you be playing iwth a kite near an overhead line?!

But with OHLE you're not exactly going to be walking right next to it, are you?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
you never know! - people do silly things :P what makes you think you wouldn't be walking near OHLE? Ok as for a trackworker I understand what you're saying but thats no reason to say 3rd rail isn't as safe as OHLE....

Coxster

Established Member
AlexS said:
You could always have a balloon on a platform.
Small children might not understand about the dangers of the overheads.

Nick said:
Why are the juice rails dark red :?
Don't you remember the original Southern route by Steve Green? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.