• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ashford - Victoria service 18/09/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippyFF

Does anyone know why Southeastern were running a fast Ashford - Victoria service calling at Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Bromley South only today? Was this meant to be a part replacement for the lack of HS1 services?

I caught the 15:16 working from Tonbridge back to Ashford which RTT says arrived 1m late at Ashford (due 15:42) even though we were 5m early passing Headcorn and outside Ashford by 15:34 (and I thought therefore in with a chance of catching the 15:40 bus)

TIA

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Since the advent of HS1, services via Tonbridge to Vic usually only happen IMO if the line to Charing cross is closed. Was that the case today ?

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Since the advent of HS1, services via Tonbridge to Vic usually only happen IMO if the line to Charing cross is closed. Was that the case today ?

Looking at RTT, it suggests Charing Cross was open with the Victoria - Ashford services running via Bromley then via Orpington.

Probably something related to no HS services (I'm guessing some sort of engineering works as Eurostar appeared to be running)

Last edited:

louis97

Established Member
Looking at RTT, it suggests Charing Cross was open with the Victoria - Ashford services running via Bromley then via Orpington.

Probably something related to no HS services (I'm guessing some sort of engineering works as Eurostar appeared to be running)

In the Ashford area I think, looks like only platform 1 and 2 were open.

yorksrob

Veteran Member

Lucky passengers to enjoy a decent service on the classic lines for a change !

FlippyFF

Sorry, I should have added that, yes, the Charing Cross services were running. Initially I though the fast VICs were due to the Maidstone line being closed but I realised later that wasn't the case and hence the question.

The engineering works were just north of platforms 3/4 and 5&6 at Ashford - hopefully removing the temporary speed limit that's been in place for the last couple of months.

Thanks for all your replies,

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.