• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assessment 2 pending to unsuccessful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveyboy2407

Hi , I got an email today saying my application was unsuccessful after I applied for a S&T operative roll. My status had previously been assessment 2 pending so I cant understand why I didn't even get an interview. Does anyone know how the system works and is it really worth to keep trying with network rail. Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi , I got an email today saying my application was unsuccessful after I applied for a S&T operative roll. My status had previously been assessment 2 pending so I cant understand why I didn't even get an interview. Does anyone know how the system works and is it really worth to keep trying with network rail. Cheers

This is quite common so I wouldn't take it to heart. The assessment 2 bit appears to be where they papersift all those who have got through the first stage (I think that part varies depending on what job you're applying for). Almost everyone one on here who has applied for a NR job has had the same email at some point, but those same people (myself included) keep on applying and quite a lot become successful!

Keep applying!

Rockhopper

If it was saying “invitation to assessment 2 pending” then I’d give HR a call. Assessment 2 being the interview, invitation pending means you’d passed the sift etc etc.
It’s possible they withdrew the position for some reason or maybe they are going to re-advertise it due to an admin error.
Ring and ask as it might be a cock up!

Daveyboy2407

Hi Rockhopper. I rang them and they said a more suitable candidate had been found. I've heard NR sometimes have to advertise a vacancy even though they have someone already lined up for the job. I'll keep applying and hopefully get a bit of luck

Rockhopper

Oh okay, that’s a shame. I’ve heard that as well to be honest, In fact I was told that a job I’d got an interview for was already promised to someone else.....

Mtrain

If they did have someone in mind at least they didn’t call people for pointless interviews just to seem fair.
Hi Rockhopper. I rang them and they said a more suitable candidate had been found. I've heard NR sometimes have to advertise a vacancy even though they have someone already lined up for the job. I'll keep applying and hopefully get a bit of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.